What would you want to see in a Gen III FZ1??

I like where the went with the Z1000 and New Ninja 1000. BUT...but...I really like what Suzuki did with the B-King in that the engine was not detuned. That's one thing that's always, always bothered me about many "naked" bikes. The current R1 has more than enough low end and mid-range, and likely top end, to be actually used on the street in any regular riding. Keep it like it is, put ergos like the gen 2, good suspension, seat and it'd be a great all around sport/street bike. Punch up the styling a bit though...it's a great looking bike from the factory, but it's still a bit 'nerdy' or goofy in some areas.
I remember reading so many times about how the motor is retuned for better mid-range and streetability. Yet, I see stats that more than suggest that a stock R1 would hammer a "retuned" FZ1 all over the road. I have no idea why these kind of bikes need any detuning...oh, then they should stop putting in an 80 mph first gear too...lol...that's just hilarious.

Return to a more Gen 1 like riding position. An optional R suspension upgrade including full Ohlins front and back. Optional Givi luggage. And a seat designed to be functional. I'd also like to see wider gear ratios with a lower first and a taller 6th.

Back