What To Change?

Hi guys,
I'm a new new poster on these forums, having recently got an '07 FZ1N.
What I'm interested in is peoples opinions on what's the best value mods to do. The bike I've got is pretty much stock (apart from a tail tidy), a had thought of spending a few hundred on getting things improved.
Possibilities I'd thought of included:
- New can (pretty definite, but opinions welcome)
- Dynojet
- Faster action throttle (seems to have about twice the movement of the Tuono it replaced)
- Lower gearing (not sure about this, as I don't want to reduce the MPG any further)
- Any other FZ1 specialities!

Cheers!

Can
Air box mod and filter
AIS block off
16 tooth sprocket
Modded flies
Velocity stacks
Suspension
And the list goes on and on and on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this kind of questions! You can see my honey on march bike of the month.. I've changed all was a limit to drive fast on track and my desire was complete with a forged marchesini weels set but I didn't because moving to brazil I discovered that I can't import a used bike:-( anyway: first if you want really turn you need space to incline the bike so the rear footsteps is the first change to do! If you want an inject module,I have a rapid bike3,the standard approach is exoust term+air filter..but like I ever say is necessary personalize the map on a dynoboard! Don't listen to who tell you that the standar map from dynojet is enough because is not the true! Every bike is different from another and every exhaust term to! A launch on the board cost 100$ so the sacrifice is not so big. On this way an iridium candles set fit perfectly! I use my bike on track to but I never need a rapid gas..over 8000rpm the power change brutally so a short gas can be dangerous but I you have confidence with that maybe for you can work.. With an inj module you can put a quickshifter..changing gear without cluth is fantastic and not only when you go fast! Work well in city to! Staining on performance sector,the rear shock is very less for this bike..suspensions need to be reconditioned every 7000km,less or more,and without piggyback you can't do it on rearshock..so over that time consider a better unity. If you ride on track or down from a long mountain's road,rubber brakes tubes makes falding,so aeronautical metal set is necessary.. My rear crown is a +2..for me better than stock one..on red zone first gear the dashboard says 135km/h and the max speed I touched,monitored by gps,was 252km/h(I'm not sure but over 250 for sure,I write is somewere)..I think is enough for a naked bike.From here depend from you,your ride's style and what you like..

Thanks for the suggestions. I've now done:
  • New can (PipeWerx)
    Quite loud, but it definitely made a difference. And looks tons better
  • AIS
    Took CopperDawg's easy method of blocking off the pipe and the airbox connection. I did find that a wheel stud from one of the older Ford's fitted the pipe perfectly, and had a flange over the top.
  • Airbox mod
    Again taken from CopperDawg's videos. Not sure if it's made any difference to power delivery, but it has made the intake noise much deeper and throatier

Back