What kind of bikes do you ride with?

might already be a thread, though i searched and didn't find it.

just out of curiosity,what kind of bikes do the riders you ride with ride? i know me and my friends have some variety and must look pretty weird to the groups of harleys, or sportbikes, but we have fun and love riding.

i ride now/rode last summer with a 2006 gsxr 600, a 2003 gsxr 750, a 1979 harley sportster (basket case bought for $1500, now rebuilt and awesome), and a 1993 cbr 600

So far I have only ridden my 08 FZ1 with my wife on her 06 Ninja 650R and with relatives who have a Honda Valkyrie.

This year we will be riding with another friend who just got a Buell 1125CR. Im taking a week long road trip with two high school friends in May 2010, one has a Yam Roadstar and the other has a Full Dress HD.

With my previous bikes (Kaw 1500 Mean Streak & Kaw ZZR600) I regularly rode with a Kaw Ninja ZX10, Kawasaki Z1000, Yamaha Fazer 700?, 2001 FZ1, 94 Honda Magna, Yam FJR, Honda Blackbird, Honda Gold Wing, Harley 1200 Sportster, Various Buells, GSXR 750, Suzuki Katana, & some I am surely forgetting!

Strangers on Strange Bikes

The only time I get to ride with other people is on the way to work. Like this morning, me and 3 guys I've never met formed a group for a good 5 or so miles when the freeway opened up. There was a Gixxer, a big a$$ Honda and some older sport bike I didn't recognize.

It felt pretty good splitting lanes one after the other and reforming randomly and just going with the flow. I really haven't ridden with a group other than little things like that. I bought my FZ1 in October '09 with 0.3 mi and rolled over 10K miles on it today, but I work in Long Beach which is 50+ miles from my pad and that is mostly just commuting miles. I can ride 120 miles in a day just to/from/around work and I'll still go to the grocery store for one damn onion just so I can ride a few more miles...

I have no regular riding partner(s). Once in a while I will ride with someone if I happen upon them. I have not been on any rides longer than 3 hours yet. It seems like my schedule on the weekend will have a couple hours to go ride but I usually have other things going on to allow for much more. I am hoping my wife gets a bike at some point.

Riding is like hiking. Everyone has their own pace.

Since I ride weekdays, don't see anyone except for the rare on-coming.

Oddly enough most of the guys I ride with have Gen I or Gen II FZ1's. Although I do have a friend that rides an FJR1300 and another that rides a Harley Sportster 1200N.

FJRs, Yamaha Raider, a couple Yamaha Warriors and an Indian. Used to ride a lot with a Busa and another FZ1 but they moved to Phoenix.
I used to ride a Harley so alot of the guys I ride with are on cruisers.

Anyone who wants to ride with me is fine. I have not had any offers from any HD rider though. :D My wife is the constant riding companion on her FZ6R though. She used to ride with me when she was on a S40 Boulevard and then her V Star 650 Custom. After dragging hardware on the custom at the dragon, I knew she was ready for a sportbike. She LOVES this bike!

company

I very rarely ride with the guys from work who all ride harleys. A friend that I ride with most often rides a BMW, GS and his brother came along once with his Ninja 500. Most of the time I go lone wolf.

I like the 6r low can.

There are some very good Harley riders, usually the gangsta guys figure it out. Every once in awhile I see one on my rural loop and they get a lotta outa those long wheel bases. Tricky, though.

I think what happened is that Harley got diluted when old guys in the 80's thought HD was way cool, but never wanted to learn how to ride. Like our governator tool.

I mostly ride with 2 old men. One on a VFR and the other (and his wife) on an FJR. Every now and then Cruzman from the other forum joins us. My old men are very fast and fun to be around, I have learned a lot since I started riding with them and believe I am much better rider now than when we first met.

On very lucky days, I get to ride with my Dad on his 02 Road Star Midnight.

Hopefully, my brother when start spending his money on his self more than his wife and finally buy that Goldwing he's been talking about since I was 18. It'd be kind of cool for my dad, brother, and I to all ride together.

Although I don't call myself the "Lonerider" for nothing, I do quite often ride with a friend who has an Electraglide and we get along just fine. We are both retired and have ridden a long time. I've found that most mature riders really don't give a damn what you ride, it's just the fact that you do ride and that includes the Harley riders, which I was for a number of years. That's not to say that there aren't some egg-heads out there that insist you must ride what they ride but all they do is miss out on a lot of good experiences and a lot of good fun.

Mostly just my Pop on his Vulcan 800 classic. I have a coworker with a Yamaha 1700 Warrior real nice bike there and his dad who rides a 750 ACE Shadow..

I have to say mostly if its not my Pop its just me.:confused0024:

Old geezers on beemers

BMW's. Sounds strange? Yep. Got to chatting w/a couple guys at the local Cycle Gear and next thing you know I was a member of the BMW owners club. I highly respect thier Avid enthusiasim and wealth of knowledge. Mostly all older folks with Tons of riding experience. They all are very gracious -even though I ride a FZ1. If you ever get a chance, do the same you won't regret it.

Mostly I go riding with the mrs who has a FZ6, but a guy at work has a Buell Ulysees and his buddy's have a Yamaha Raider and Suzuki GS500

Our other group is a FZ6, Ninja 250, CBR 600, and Katana

I ride mostly alone, or in a small group with people who all know each other. I used to live in Stockholm and there they had these get togethers organized from an internet discussion forum. We decided on a place and time and anyone could show up, usually 20 to 40 bikes, mostly sportbikes and motards. Well things got pretty crazy, some thought it was some kind of competition, others where embarrased if they couldn't keep up with the pace and pushed themselves really hard, other showed up with crappy tires or without proper riding gear. It didn't take long before accidents started to happen, some of them fatal, so I soon stopped going for those rides.

my friends have harleys and choppers but I wanted something powerful and comfortable and smooth.
alot of times they will give me little jokes but later say how much they want a sport bike too (as a 2nd bike).
Everything is how you feel about it; if you don't care that you are on a different bike the pack they doesn't really care either. If they really do find new friends.

Back