What is your favorite "Tail" Bag?

I have two bags, one for day trips and another for weekend rides. The day bag I use is the Axio hard shell tail bag. It looks great and will hold all the essentials and my frog togs, Or my pocket stuff and shoes for work. I also like the Cortech Tour Master Sport Tail Bag which i use for long trips. This bag will hold a lot of stuff and is expandable. It has nice outside pockets and come with a rain cover and carrying strap. Only Two drawbacks with this bag is that on the FZ1 its hard to get your leg over the bag when full and when expanded it hangs over both sides of the FZ1. But it is still a great bag. Hope this helps you out. I searched forever to find my bags but with the right research found exactly what I wanted.

I have two bags, one for day trips and another for weekend rides. The day bag I use is the Axio hard shell tail bag. It looks great and will hold all the essentials and my frog togs, Or my pocket stuff and shoes for work. I also like the Cortech Tour Master Sport Tail Bag which i use for long trips. This bag will hold a lot of stuff and is expandable. It has nice outside pockets and come with a rain cover and carrying strap. Only Two drawbacks with this bag is that on the FZ1 its hard to get your leg over the bag when full and when expanded it hangs over both sides of the FZ1. But it is still a great bag. Hope this helps you out. I searched forever to find my bags but with the right research found exactly what I wanted.

I have the same Axio tail bag and love it. I couldn't find a new one in black to match my bike so I bought a blue tail and tank bag combo off ebay for $100. I scuffed it up and rattle canned it with gloss black auto enamel. Came out good enough. I couldn't justify $185 for a "carbon look" tail bag only.

I use the DrySpec bags from Twisted Throttle. They've traveled something in the neighborhood of 10K miles with me and held up very well. Never had problems with water getting in, even riding through torrential rain for hours, or light rain for days.

My biggest complaint was that the plastic reinforcement would bend a bit when mounted on top of the rear seat. I made a mounting bracket from an extra rear seat and that solved the issue nicely.

Back