What is the difference between a pc3 anda pc5?

PC V is smaller and has additional features (most of which you probably wont use). Either will work on your '06. I personally have the PC V on my '06. Just get the one for the '09-10 FZ1.

I have a 2006 fz1n thinking about getting a pc, which is better?

Pc3 is a basic power commander that allows you to tune your engine using only one map. It does what it says on the tin.

The advantage of the pc5 is that you can switch between up to three maps I think. This means you can have a warp speed map, a High torque map and a fuel economy map.

I use a pc3 and it's fine.

It's a slippery slope you are heading down. You will have empty pockets once you start.

Ivans FCE, Ivans Ignition module, K n N filter, Yoshi exhaust and you can be up to 2k lighter in the pocket hehe.

Pc3 is a basic power commander that allows you to tune your engine using only one map. It does what it says on the tin.

The advantage of the pc5 is that you can switch between up to three maps I think. This means you can have a warp speed map, a High torque map and a fuel economy map.

I use a pc3 and it's fine.

It's a slippery slope you are heading down. You will have empty pockets once you start.

Ivans FCE, Ivans Ignition module, K n N filter, Yoshi exhaust and you can be up to 2k lighter in the pocket hehe.

You sound like you know what you're talking about. Once you start modding you just can't stop. Its like an addiction, lol.
Think I'll stay stock for now, could use the extra cash right now.

Im also stuck in this dilemma, the PC5 is £20 more than the PC3. going to get one fitted on fri but not sure which. is it easy to switch maps? as in a standard feature on the PC5 or do i have to spend more money for that privilege? it would be great if i did have the choice and would be worth the extra £20 for that feature alone.

There is an addition throttle position column within the map table, 15% off the top of my head. They are pretty much the same price, and with a QS now available for the V there is no reason not to get one.

Note that you need an add-on to use the map change option. That said, if you get a proper tune there is no need for two maps to it is a moot point.

First, there is no such thing as a power map as compared to a economy map. The only thing that may be like that is a tune for street gas and better race gas. It is more likely that you will need a cold weather tune and a worm weather tun as these have some real issues dealing with weather changes.

The PC5 can hold up to two maps that can be a switch flip away. On an FZ1 it is a huge advantage to run autotune but that requires running the same switch as the autotune switch. So much for running 2 tunes under that switch.

The PC5 has a huge advantage over the PC3 as you can run a MAP based tune. That would require running the autotune module to get that dialed in.

Hoped this helps

Beast

Back