What is the best tire pressure?

I stick with Yamaha's suggested PSI. 36/42. (Unless I'm at the track) Whenever I vary, I have issues, 36/42 works great for me, commuting and canyon riding. But then again, I weigh 300lbs.
Tyremelter runs the same and he weighs alot less...and he ripps.

Weight and bike setup dictates a lot of the proper tire pressure for me.
I'm 215...and have run the Diablo Rossi/Corsas only on my FZ. They are not overly sticky, but do the job.
Suspension stock.......set at max, and tires are factory recommended or 1-2 lbs over .......usually 36/42.......
It still holds to the edge, and ride is a bit firm, but I prefer that than lower presure ive tried ......too much wallowing/feedback.
Track tires are just that......I think street tires need the higher pressure.
My Vmax runs 5 lbs more in both tires than factory ....a bit harsh, but got rid of the front end wobble over 130..... And got rid of a lot of the driveshaft wash in the rear when cutting the corners.

I use 38/42. I seem to need those two additional lbs on front tire to avoid un due wear. Likely reason is my riding position and 180-lbs body weight.

I weigh 170 and stick to the recomended pressures.You might want to talk to bike shops and look at more aggresive tires or making some minor shock adjustments.I know there are prople here that could help with some basic shock adjustments and I could probable also use some of the advice.

I run within 2 PSI of Yamaha's recommendation. So F 34-36 and R 40-42. I like them lower for all out grip, but I need them to last at leat 2500 miles.

I am using the plain-Jane - Michelin Pilot Powers, with a max. rec. press. of 42 PSI for both front and rear. I have been running 36 Front and 42 Rear, as the owners manual recommends. Tire longevity was good, grip seemed good. On other bikes I have owned, I found that running at or near the maximum recommended cold pressure on the tire sidewall would yield maximum tire life. Since the rear was already maxed out, I tried 40 to 42 on the front. Seemed to take less steering input. I never pushed the bike very hard, so I have little feel for where the limit of traction occurs.

Then I read HELLGATE's advice, telling about using pressures around 30 PSI, making a whole different motorcycle. (Now I have seen Hellgate run at the track, and am convinced he knows his stuff). So I tried these pressures & he was entirely correct. The bike seems glued to the road, and was free of the bounciness that was mentioned.

So for best grip, the lower pressures are a big improvement. If you aren't worried about tire life, then go this route. I have seen tires get scalloped due to low pressure, but that is a different subject. And for all around moderate riding, and reasonable tire life, the 36F & 42R is good. Then for maximum tire life, use 38-40 F and 42 R. that's my $ 0.02 worth.

Back