What happened to the ContiMotion?

I went through two sets of these on my 2001 FZ1 and they were excellent tires for an excellent price. When the second rear wore out I replaced it with a Bridgestone Battlax S20 EVO just for fun, then when that wore out in 2021 I wanted to get another ContiMotion but they were all out of stock. Fast forward to today and they're still out of stock everywhere. Were they discontinued? Does Continental make a similar tire any more for a simliar price?

If you can't tell, I'm fine with cheap tires that last long especially for my riding (90% city commuting, 10% weekend joyride canyon cruising once every few months.) The S20 was a fluke only because it was a heavily discounted sale and I just wanted to try it - as expected it squared in the center of the tread.

I never considered Shinko tires because these Continentals served me so well, but I'm looking at the Shinko 011 Verge now. The Ravens are super cheap though, $180 for a pair!

Friend of mine also was looking at those Conti tires and 2 dealers told him the Motion series were disco'd.
He followed my lead and has the Kenda KM-1 set on his 2005. So far for both of us, the KM-1 is a good tire for about $160-190 per set.
Got the ones I put on my previous VFR800 and current FZ1 for $156 per set from MotoSport. But seems to have risen a bit to $178 ish.

Friend of mine also was looking at those Conti tires and 2 dealers told him the Motion series were disco'd.
He followed my lead and has the Kenda KM-1 set on his 2005. So far for both of us, the KM-1 is a good tire for about $160-190 per set.
Got the ones I put on my previous VFR800 and current FZ1 for $156 per set from MotoSport. But seems to have risen a bit to $178 ish.
That's the exact tire I have on the rear of my Silver 2001, and I love it. I have no issues putting that on my 2004.

The Kenda KM-1s and ContiMotions are sold out everywhere.

I found a retailer selling a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT for $310 and there's another $60 rebate going on.. I might do that but I'm not sure how long they'll last with my riding conditions of mostly city commuting.

Just throwing this out there...

My first tire change, I ran a PP CT2 set with the rear lasting just over 3,200 miles. Currently running a Road 5 rear with 4,600 miles on it and it is almost to the wear bars. Riding style is "mild" hooligan, i.e. I love me some throttle but smart enough to pick the appropriate time/place... usually... 😄

......maybe 2 minutes and found KM-1 sets on ebay and even the mighty Amazon...
Not a fan of eBay/Amazon tires, had a defective car tire once and I was SOL with a warranty claim because it wasn't from an authorized retailer...

But dang it you're a genius. I didn't even think to check eBay but for the price I might jump on these. I'm VERY pleased with the KM-1 rear on my silver FZ1.

Guess there were just some supply issues. I now see the ContiMotion back in stock at several places, along with the Kenda KM1. Just ordered a set of the KM1s for $149 total!!! Not from a questionable third party Amazon/Ebay retailer either..

Back