What Frame Sliders Do You Use?

What Frame Sliders Would You Chose/Recommend?

• Western Power Sports Pro Frame Sliders $147.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Puig Pro Racing Frame Slider $144.99

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yoshimura Frame Sliders $109.45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders $49

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • OES Frame Sliders $49

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • TRex Frame Sliders$44.99

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Grave’s Motorsports Frame Sliders $39.99

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

As I'm waiting for my '09 Fz1 I am doing a little early shopping. Frame Sliders and swing arm spools are on the top of the list.

So, What frame sliders do you use? :sport12:

Western Power Sports Pro Frame Sliders $147.99
Puig Pro Racing Frame Slider $144.99
Yoshimura Frame Sliders $109.45
Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders $49
OES Frame Sliders $49
TRex Frame Sliders$44.99
Grave’s Motorsports Frame Sliders $39.99

T-Rex are probably the top sellers but I have always liked Shogun. I have crash tested them and they hold up very well. Dollar for dollar - sliders are some of the best money that you can invest into your bike. They literally save you THOUSANDS.

I have the Puig sliders they have proved useful in past with my Suzuki. It doesn't hurt that I got them 80% off either.

Did you hvae the ones with the weird trapezoid design? Also, where did you get them 80% off? I've noticed on flea bay a lot of chinese and korean knock-offs are popping up. Did you get the real deal?

I have T-Rex and can say from experience that BOTH sides work very well! High-side to the right one year and low-side to the left the next year. Bought the same set after the first off so I already had the left one ready... maybe THAT was why she went down.... looking for that other new slider! Hmmm..... :D But they worked well and stood up to the task saving me a lot of damage both times.

Did you hvae the ones with the weird trapezoid design? Also, where did you get them 80% off? I've noticed on flea bay a lot of chinese and korean knock-offs are popping up. Did you get the real deal?

No. I have the R type for our bikes. I have friends that work a a particular motor sports shop. The original package was gone and missing one end cap thus the awesome discount. I do know people with the new design, they work well from what I have seen at track days. Kinda bulky though, especially on supersport bikes.

I have shogun, because I got them cheap, did not test them, ok tipped the bike over once (stand still tip over) but that's not a test.

Sliders can save you a lot of money and I would add swing arm sliders as well. However they are no guarantee that you do not have severe damage, it depends on the crash and especially a high sider or if the bike tumbles will easily result in frame damage.

Put them on and hope never to use them ;). In case of a tip over or a low sider on pavement they are great.

Using T rex slider's.
When the bike fell over in the parking lot the only damage i got was a small scuff on the passenger grab rail and a couple small scratches on the mirror.

Guys,

Stumbled upon this topic when looking into sliders for my '06. I'm thinking about turning a set of my own. I work at a manufacturing outfit so lathe access is easy. Would anyone that has a set be willing to get me a measurement off a purchased set? Note if its overall length (sitting in the couterbore), or just length out from the frame (that way you don't have to remove).

If not i'll just estimate. I'll post about how they turned out.

Thanks,
Derek

Using Motovation sliders. "Tested" a set by low-siding an SV650 at the track. Had plenty of confidence but ran out of talent.... But seriously they held up VERY well. Took most of the damage. I'm scheduled back at the Streets of Willow Springs in April!

Back