What else do you do?

I love mountain biking, camping, hiking, the beach, pretty much any outdoor sport, I do game too though mostly PC gaming COD, Battlefield 2 etc., I do target shooting, movies (love Netflix) but the most important thing is spending time with my wife and kids, that is definitely at the top of the list any day under any circumstance. I'm also thinking of starting Krav Maga with my son, he's got a head start on me and loves it.

Of course -- I had to look that one up too. I'm amazed at how much self defense stuff there is out there. It sure seems easier to just carry a gun and shoot something. :)

:stunta]:I love skiing, especially outside the track, playing video games, I work as a deck officer aboard an LNG vessel....so i kinda use my bike 6 month per year, so i make the most of my time home!!!

Besides riding the FZ... I like target shooting. Mostly .40 cal handguns, .223 rifles and 12ga shotguns. I'm building a pair of AR-15 lowers from scratch, and will add uppers when I can afford them. I like PS3 gaming. I'm currently playing the last of the Fallout 3 add ons and then I will move on to Fallout New Vegas (which is still in the plastic wrap). Just finished up Dead Space and will be buying Dead Space 2 next week. Also play Black Ops, Bad Company 2, COD MW2, NFS Shift, GRID and lots of others. I like music, mostly rock, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, heavy metal and nu metal. Also like watching movies and have a DVD collection of about 500 to go along with our DTS Surround System (which needs upgraded to the latest HD sound decoding, but can't afford it right now!). I do a little woood working, dabble with art, photography, videography and recently started lifting weights again after a 5 year lay-off which had resulted from my 2005 motorcycle accident. I also like the outdoors, camping and hiking. I'm interested in muscle cars and sports cars. Used to own a 370HP 69 Camaro, but wrecked it during my youth. Maybe someday I can own another nice car, but money is always the obstacle! And best of all, I have most of these hobbies in common with my wonderful wife! :shine:

When I was 25, 6 years ago (b^llshit - I tell everyone I am 31, even the kids, even tho my birth certificate may say otherwise, by 6 years)... the answer to this would have taken up a whole page...

When I wasn't competing in the State Rally Championship, I was racing mountain bikes in endurance races... when I wasn't doing that, I was scuba diving... when I wasn't doing that, rescuing injured wildlife... partying, travelling, chasing girls...

Now I spend all night on the Interweb, wondering why Americans seem so obsessed with guns... :D ...

I still race cars, but not at the same level...
I am too old for mountain bikes, hence getting into motorbikes...
I work, which in Australia, including travel means 60 hours a week...
I have 3 sons under 6, which take up almost every other moment of somewhat free time...
I am a managing director of a childrens charity, which also takes up much of my free time, but at least makes me fell good...
And this summer, mostly to help my 6 year old sons 'nippers' group, I am training to be a volunteer life saver...

The rest of the time, I just waste...

Cheers,
Darryl

Cool thread:shine:

I'm a squash player since about the age of 5 who took up riding about 7 years ago.

I like Boarding and play golf a bit too but I have a couple of dustbin lids now so I don't get a lot of time to do the stuff I that would like.

Bring on the spring......

Last edited:
Yup, that's the best self defense I know of. As they say, God didn't make all men equal, Mr. Colt did ... There is a column in some magazine that I can't remember right now called armed response, awesome column, it tells stories of how a good person with a gun saved the day. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.... :tup:

Of course -- I had to look that one up too. I'm amazed at how much self defense stuff there is out there. It sure seems easier to just carry a gun and shoot something. :)

69 Camaro and you wrecked it? How could you!!! Do you know how much those things are worth? I'm looking for something like that right now, expensive....I wish I had everything necessary to do a good restoration myself I'd be a millionaire.

Besides riding the FZ... I like target shooting. Mostly .40 cal handguns, .223 rifles and 12ga shotguns. I'm building a pair of AR-15 lowers from scratch, and will add uppers when I can afford them. I like PS3 gaming. I'm currently playing the last of the Fallout 3 add ons and then I will move on to Fallout New Vegas (which is still in the plastic wrap). Just finished up Dead Space and will be buying Dead Space 2 next week. Also play Black Ops, Bad Company 2, COD MW2, NFS Shift, GRID and lots of others. I like music, mostly rock, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, heavy metal and nu metal. Also like watching movies and have a DVD collection of about 500 to go along with our DTS Surround System (which needs upgraded to the latest HD sound decoding, but can't afford it right now!). I do a little woood working, dabble with art, photography, videography and recently started lifting weights again after a 5 year lay-off which had resulted from my 2005 motorcycle accident. I also like the outdoors, camping and hiking. I'm interested in muscle cars and sports cars. Used to own a 370HP 69 Camaro, but wrecked it during my youth. Maybe someday I can own another nice car, but money is always the obstacle! And best of all, I have most of these hobbies in common with my wonderful wife! :shine:

Not an obsession mate, more like a constitutional right that is in jeopardy by the day! Thus why we have to be outspoken about it. Besides, how are we suppose to be ready for the revolution otherwise? J/K ;)

When I was 25, 6 years ago (b^llshit - I tell everyone I am 31, even the kids, even tho my birth certificate may say otherwise, by 6 years)... the answer to this would have taken up a whole page...

When I wasn't competing in the State Rally Championship, I was racing mountain bikes in endurance races... when I wasn't doing that, I was scuba diving... when I wasn't doing that, rescuing injured wildlife... partying, travelling, chasing girls...

Now I spend all night on the Interweb, wondering why Americans seem so obsessed with guns... :D ...

I still race cars, but not at the same level...
I am too old for mountain bikes, hence getting into motorbikes...
I work, which in Australia, including travel means 60 hours a week...
I have 3 sons under 6, which take up almost every other moment of somewhat free time...
I am a managing director of a childrens charity, which also takes up much of my free time, but at least makes me fell good...
And this summer, mostly to help my 6 year old sons 'nippers' group, I am training to be a volunteer life saver...

The rest of the time, I just waste...

Cheers,
Darryl

69 Camaro and you wrecked it? How could you!!! Do you know how much those things are worth? I'm looking for something like that right now, expensive....I wish I had everything necessary to do a good restoration myself I'd be a millionaire.

The worse part, I didn't have car insurance at the time. I was 20 years old, there was a light rain that had just wet the road surface. I pulled away from a stop sign and made the unwise decision to rev to 6000RPM before shifting to second. When I released the clutch, the rear tires broke loose and the back end fish tailed wildly. I tried to counter steer but the rear tires suddenly grabbed traction again and pushed the front end stratight ahead. I went over a grass embankment, the right tires dropped into a concrete half pipe drainage ditch, followed by a head on collision with a concrete drain pipe at the top of the ditch. I walked away from it, but was picking little fragments of glass out of my head for the next three years. The car was severely damaged from the firewall forward. $8000 down the drain. I later lost my storage location and needed to sell the car ASAP, so I sold the wrecked Camaro for $1800 to someone who lives about 9 miles from me, he rebuilt it and as far as I know he still owns it today.

I'm just a little bit of an engineering nerd (just a little!). I also enjoy amatuer astronomy. I have a large telescope that I take to upstate NY or western Pa. to escape the light pollution of central NJ. It's a very relaxing hobby to see galaxies, planets, nebulae, star clusters, etc. See the attached pictures. The big one belongs to a club I'm involved with and I can use it whenever I feel like it. The smaller one is mine.

I also like surf or jetty fishing on the NJ coast. It's funny with fishing. When I was younger I was the only one of the gang who wanted to fish. Now we're older my friends bought boats and want me to fish with them but I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be. I definitely still really enjoy it but not as much as I used to.

I'm also very involved with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul where we help many needy people in our community.

i started training with my son when he was 12 years old now he is 22 and still training.he as also been riding bikes since he was 16 now riding a gsxr 750 ,krav maga a very tough art. what ever you do together enjoy it builds a very strong family bond.

I'm just a little bit of an engineering nerd (just a little!). I also enjoy amatuer astronomy. I have a large telescope that I take to upstate NY or western Pa. to escape the light pollution of central NJ. It's a very relaxing hobby to see galaxies, planets, nebulae, star clusters, etc. See the attached pictures. The big one belongs to a club I'm involved with and I can use it whenever I feel like it. The smaller one is mine.

I also like surf or jetty fishing on the NJ coast. It's funny with fishing. When I was younger I was the only one of the gang who wanted to fish. Now we're older my friends bought boats and want me to fish with them but I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be. I definitely still really enjoy it but not as much as I used to.

I'm also very involved with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul where we help many needy people in our community.

Thats awesome Steve! I started out with a 450mm refractor when I was about 13 years old and moved up to a 6" reflector in my later teens. Although I no longer have a scope, I don't ever miss the meteor showers during the fall. When I finally move out of this God Forsaken city, I hope to get a bigger reflector with a camera mount. What size mirror does your Meade have? That thing is huge!

There is a huge knife thread on the other site and I thought that I would post a pic of a few of my knives in case any of you guys collect or are interested in getting started.
I mainly collect classic Italian Switchblades but I'm branching out! LOL I'm so glad that I'm single right now because I have spent way too much on knives and motorcycles lately!!!! HAHAHA!!!!

Just a general collection:

IMAG0133.jpg

Two fixed blades from Cold Steel:

IMAG0135-1.jpg

My new Boker. It was so unusual that I had to have it:

IMAG0137.jpg

Back