What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Final run on new bike break in. Mt Baker. A dream of curves, coming back I fallowed a Ninja 300, top speed 92 mph, he couldn't shake me. These Adventure bikes Kick @$$. Soon I was fallowing a Ninja 1000, a deer jumped the rail, he hit the brakes, close. Before I got home I was cranking it, POW speed trap on Injin Land. Gave me a break, $100.......... LG

tt

snow hunting

It snowed again on Thursday night and it was a chilly ride to work on Friday morning. Yesterday I went for a short ride (about 4 hours) southwest of Calgary and found some leftovers.

IMG_0653.jpg

Changed oil on the Wing at 7K miles instead of the 8k as usual mother Honda wants. Gal of rotella dino oil, 4 oz gear oil in the rear end every other oil change. Did I ever mention I hate chains?

While I was in a oil mood I changed the oil in my Honda Rancher 420 work ATV, cleaned and re-oiled the air filter too

All my motors get the Rotella T dino oil except the 990, I use the Rotella synthetic oil in that KTM. Works just fine and I save $$$

Awesome looking bike. It must be a blast to ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Once I get my front brake lines I'll let know. I ended up ordering a set of Spieglers. They a very helpful video on how to correctly measure for custom lines. They also have a handy Web based form to capture the measurements.

Houston, we have a problem...

Apparently the fork and brake caliper combo changed in the early years. All parts are OEM...but...the calipers don't seat to the fork. Hummm.... I'm guessing the increased the disc diameter.

<edit> operator error...ugh...

1296a2345e7de67cea4c61944fd2572a.jpg

Maybe a similar solution to the 07+ R1 fork mod might apply here. CBR1000RR caliper spacers.

Got that little '08 Ninja 250 all buttoned up and listed for sale a few days ago. Even managed to fix most of the damage from when my brother-in-law put it down. All we did was sand, prime, and paint it (more than I was gonna do) but it looks decent. So far one potential buyer has come by to check it out! Hopefully it'll sell soon.

I installed the new brake lines on the Tuono, and went for a short ride to bed the pads. Oh hurray! The M4 Monoblocks are amazing. The forged wheels make the bike feel like a 600!

Placed an order for a set of JT sprockets and a DID chain. After we got back from the Okanagan I noticed the chain felt really sloppy and was making a fair bit of noise. I cleaned it and lubed it but placed an order straight away. I think there's something like 45,000 km or more on it as I've not replaced the chain since I owned the bike.

I'll have it on next week, just in time for our next trip.

Back