What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Cape May... I knew that sounded familiar. I used to read a blog by a guy named Jack Riepe that was tremendously enjoyable, and he spent a winter in Cape May a couple of seasons ago. Some of the most entertaining writing that I've read. Hadn't thought of him in a while, but it still makes me a little sad that he doesn't post any more.

I painted alot of Victorian and Historical houses down there and i always worked in time to stay at the houses !!
It was great because we were dirt poor and my wife was in nursing school .
I painted a GIANT house that was built in 1729 seven different colors [emoji15] . And that was the end of my Cape May endevor !!

Took It for A Ride

It was windy and cool, and I got snowed on at higher elevations, but nothing serious.

IMG_0602_1.jpg

I was beeing watched at that stop, by this guy.
IMG_0607.jpg

Last edited:
I took the Super Ten for a 400 mile ride today !! First i went to Eastwood in Pottstown Pa
426d62a316975595ef25ce417a737a50.jpg

I picked my powder for the rims for the FZ.
Then i rode to Maryland and took backroads to Lancaster PA and then back to Kennett . It took me about 8 hours total and im sore . I picked up Stella on the way home
bc2b5762d796fbc7ed9985841bd5ebad.jpg

Hopefully ill have the FZ back together in June

My Aprilia RSV4 Factory front wheel finally shipped from Germany today. I also got some photos. Yes, I bought it sight unseen.

I'm still waiting on the Brembos. They've been on back order to the past month. I did receive the Factory rotors however. They look great with machined aluminium carriers.

2725864476bb7c68852a35fad94adb1f.jpg495064c7ae7573bf874f9fe264f7fdc4 (1).jpg20150415_204128.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a rear wheel to match but it's under two layers of powder coat and looks like crap. I get both wheels powder coat mat black with a texture like the front one. It should look sharp.

Well in my internet wanderings this morning I managed to pick up an RSV4 Carbon Front Fender and Ti Brake Caliper bolts. Both are brand new. Gotta love it when racers have a garage sale. Now if I could find a good deal on Magnesium cases covers.

IMG_20150417_195133_zpsggu44fag.jpgIMG_20150417_161440_zpsklfcfzhf.jpg

Sandra had the fun idea of popping up to Whistler for lunch and I was more than happy to comply. We geared up and slogged through terrible downtown traffic because today was the 'Vancouver Sun Run' and a lot of the main roads were closed. Once we hit the highway, everything was great

I didn't feel like taking many photos but we stopped at a lookout to take in the view of the Squamish Valley. There was a fire in Squamish yesterday and you can still see the smoke lingering

KuQjXZXl.jpg

I also stopped to admire my bike which was performing brilliantly today

4tMvBwel.jpg

On the way up we spotted a ton of emergency vehicles and a big commotion around a popular climbing area called 'The Chief'. It turns out that a big chunk of rock fell and went crashing down just before we passed by.

resizedimage600400-Mandy-jensen-photo-2.jpg

Great shot OLD School

Few miles of break in this weekend. Went East over the Mt, Cruise Control is nice, about ready for new oil. Yoshi on, skid plate on, hard bags came, side bars on.

Installed an Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY carbon fender and Ti brake bolts on the Tuono. I don't think the fender would save much weight, boy was I wrong. The Tuono plastic one is 1.02 lbs, carbon is .12 lbs. Amazing. The stock bolts are .344 lbs, Ti are .167 lbs. And they are predrilled for safety wire.

uploadfromtaptalk1430001815512.jpg

Back