What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

The Final Countdown....

Today was nearly double digits on the plus side, and all this past week has seen melting. If it wasn't for the 100 plus feet of shear ice in the laneway, I'd be out riding. Tons of gravel and salt still out on the roads but sooooonnn!

Last Saturday I installed my new front tire, a Michelin T-63 (90/90/21). This will be the second one and I really like them as a dual-sport tire. They wear incredibly well and grip great both on and off road.

This Saturday I tore the bike down AGAIN to replace a weeping coolant hose. I figured while I was at it I would do them all, cleaning up the fittings at the same time.

The afternoon was so nice that I could have the garage door open for some fresh air.

New hoses and clamps and fresh coolant (Bel-Ray Moto Chill).

The air box and throttle bodies had to come off to get to the hoses between the cylinders, one of the hazards of a V-Twin.

It was a good thing I was having a good look over, as I noticed the rear valve cover gasket wasn't sitting quite right above the rear exhaust. This would explain the tiny spot of oil I found last week. I removed the rear valve cover and fixed that little problem.

Once everything was back together I fired up the beast, and it seems my valve set and coolant project were a success! No leaks and the engine sounded as it should.

I used the bike lift to jack the front end way up to burp the cooling system like the manual suggests. It was a bit hairy holding the front of the bike steady while I pumped the stand to it's max. I counter weighted the rear of the stand so that it wouldn't tip forward. Too bad I couldn't reach the camera it would have been comical.

In the end it was nice to hear the bike running and see it ready to roll.

Very soon now............:cheerleader:

Fun day today.

1) All 5 of the 6 bikes were fired off at once! What a beautiful noise!

2) The R6 is once again TRACK READY!!! Yes! New battery in, oil and filter changed, new upper fairing mounted! Hummm...need to find a track day.

3) The XV920 (1100) R did another 20 minute idle. She is sounding better and better! She fires right up from stone cold!

4) The RZ350 is in one piece and gets trailered to the shop tomorrow. She is going to have 1) the fork legs straightened, 2) the front brake calipers aligned to the rotors, 3) exhaust manifold spacer/rings made so the chambers are tight to the exhaust ports. Once all the basics are complete she will have the motor rebuilt. I don't expect this to be complete within the next 12 months. That way I can save my pennies up. :p

Fixing Boo boos

Not today but last Sunday I wired in a replacement heated hand grip on the left side of my Electra Glide after I snapped all four of its wires while trying to take the grip off. I had the dealer install new bars back in October and do all the wiring internally. They were supposed to cut 1/2" off the left side to accomodate for the particular type of controls and they were short by about 1/8". Silly me thought, "No problem, I'll fix it myself" since I couldn't get the bike back to the shop with all the snow. Luckily the wires snapped right at the end and it left me with just enough to solder in the new wires. Now it's all back together and working properly. Frustrating job considering I broke it myself. At least I was able to fix it myself too.

On the DRZ....

1.) Got a DG slip on
2.) Got a gel seat as the stock is horrible
3.) getting the 3X3 airbox mod done
4.) getting the carb re-jetted
5.) got the TKC80s installed

I could not remove the rear. I need longer tire irons. I had to have my shop do the rear. Front was easy.

Pictures

On the DRZ....

1.) Got a DG slip on
2.) Got a gel seat as the stock is horrible
3.) getting the 3X3 airbox mod done
4.) getting the carb re-jetted
5.) got the TKC80s installed

I could not remove the rear. I need longer tire irons. I had to have my shop do the rear. Front was easy.

Is your camera broken......? :)

:needpics:

I actually have a few mor ridiculous bling bits coming in on top of what is listed above. As soon a everything is here an installed I will post a few photos. ;)

Bought this badass trail/offroad bike. KTM 640 LC4 thumper. Hope I don't kill myself! LOL I'll show pics of the actual bike - big skid plate, steel-braided lines... and yeah - electric start in addition to a kicker (left side??). Ready to spit some gravel!

Back