What did you do to your FZ today?

RE: FZ1 today

Installed the super-slick Renthal 15T drive sprocket today and adjusted the 530-EK Gold for the proper tension. That gives me a minus one, plus one. That will much improve the acceleration without being to 'busy' at normal cruising speeds.

I also continued to putter along with the Proton install and it's coming along nicely. Ooops, , , time to quit . . . . I have to get ready to watch the Cardinal's win the World Series tonight !! heh,heh :thewave:

Last edited:
Ive seen flies mentioned a lot.What are flies and dont tell me theyre insects/bugs ok

Thought I had answered that for you here ;)

And here's a pic of Ivan's 'flies installed. Notice the gap around them since they are smaller diameter than the stock ones.

attachment.php

Last edited:
RE: Guard

Looking good Gary! It's still so weird seeing that bike in another garage. I see you have an "armed guard" watching over your babies! Haha!

Thanks Billy !
Yeah, I had him at home for awhile but he scares my little dog !
BTW, I sent you a pm. I'm looking for a matching switch (like the one you used on the halos) so I can turn the low beams off, and run just the halos !!
:cheers:

Today I received a set Michelin PR3, Still waiting a pair of Ariete angled valve stem to put everything together. :waiting:
Also I received a set of Pazzo shorty levers. I will install them tomorrow. Here are some pics

Today I received a set Michelin PR3, Still waiting a pair of Ariete angled valve stem to put everything together. :waiting:
Also I received a set of Pazzo shorty levers. I will install them tomorrow. Here are some pics

I have the PR3's and love them for the few hundred miles I was able to get on them before the cold rainy weather set in.

Those Pazzo's look sweet. I may break down and get a set too. My Fire Dragon Brothers are still good and cheap, but don't match well and will most likely fade.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RE: FZ1 today

Here are a couple more pics with the Renthal super-sprocket (from the UK) now installed. Also a couple of diff. pics of the T-Rex's on the bike.

Boy, it was a bit tricky, getting a metal punch in between the chain, the frame, and the swingarm to flatten out the new Yamaha locking-tab washer over the crankshaft nut ! heh,heh,heh. I only mashed the tabs and not one of my fingers for a change . . . . .:woot:

RE: FZ1 Today

Looks great Gary! She should be a screamer now!

Thanks Billy!! A screamer . . .maybe . . .:sport12:
It won't be geared as low (yet) as the first one I had. That one was -1, +3 and topped out at 150mph and remained right there as long as I held it WFO.
It also turned 4500rpms @ 60mph. and 4950rpms @ 70mph. If I remember right. At speeds around 80 and up it buzzed pretty good but, wow, it also sucked alot more fuel too !

I am curious to see how this set up works with the -1 +1 ratio. If it power wheelies decent and pulls anything like it did before I will be pleased as punch. . . . if it don't 'shake my booty' tho . . . I'll pick me up a 47T for the rear and wooooowhooooooo!!! , , , it's off to the drags ! heh,heh,

BTW, I have small package ready to mail out to you. It would have gone out today but the dang Post Office closed (Saturday hours) before I could get it there. . . . . I'll send it out to you Monday !!

:tup:

Thanks Billy!! A screamer . . .maybe . . .:sport12:
It won't be geared as low (yet) as the first one I had. That one was -1, +3 and topped out at 150mph and remained right there as long as I held it WFO.
It also turned 4500rpms @ 60mph. and 4950rpms @ 70mph. If I remember right. At speeds around 80 and up it buzzed pretty good but, wow, it also sucked alot more fuel too !

I am curious to see how this set up works with the -1 +1 ratio. If it power wheelies decent and pulls anything like it did before I will be pleased as punch. . . . if it don't 'shake my booty' tho . . . I'll pick me up a 47T for the rear and wooooowhooooooo!!! , , , it's off to the drags ! heh,heh,

BTW, I have small package ready to mail out to you. It would have gone out today but the dang Post Office closed (Saturday hours) before I could get it there. . . . . I'll send it out to you Monday !!

:tup:

Small Package??? What gives?? I hope your using my job address because I never have anything of an value mailed to my house. Packages around here tend to develop legs and walk away! I always have packages mailed to my job address for safety.

Yesterday: rode 364 miles, passing 37k near Ruby Falls TN, during which I finally got to put my home made heated vest to the test. Heated gear is awesome!

It took some time getting used to the sound of the new muffler. The old one was only noticeable after about 7k. This is as loud* at 4k. It sounded like I was going faster than I really was.

*As loud but with a deeper more ear pleasing note.

Last edited:
Back