What did you do to your FZ today?

RE: FZ1 today

Started the install of the Proton flushmounts. I removed the plastic wire-splice-snap connectors that powered up the led light pods and soldered on Radio Shack's BEST sheathed push-pulls for easy future removal all around. I also removed the exisiting front signals today. With everything eventually connected this way, I can remove the Proton's, and or the pod lights, and, reinstall the original signals if I ever need to. I love heat-shrink tubing and use it every chance I get. I'll post up some progress pics tomorrow as it's supposed to rain all morning. (It's raining now in fact, and has post-poned tonight's Cardinal's game with the Rangers . . . .booooo )

I want to isolate the low beams from the 'always-on' w/ignition state. I plan to install a I/O switch up on the left panel, so that I can run the HALO'S by themselves, or, with the low beams (like they are now wired). Does anyone know what color the power wire for each low beam bulb is? I can test for it but thought I would ask before I go poking holes in the wire sheaths . . . .heh,heh,heh

Ooohh,,, there's the door bell ! I bet that is my 15T Renthal sprocket arriving !!

Oooh Boy ! It's here ! , and does it ever look sweet ! It has lightening holes milled right thru the sprocket body . . . . mmmhmhhhmhh ,yum, yum, yum,

:cheers:

Started the install of the Proton flushmounts. I removed the plastic wire-splice-snap connectors that powered up the led light pods and soldered on Radio Shack's BEST sheathed push-pulls for easy future removal all around. I also removed the exisiting front signals today. With everything eventually connected this way, I can remove the Proton's, and or the pod lights, and, reinstall the original signals if I ever need to. I love heat-shrink tubing and use it every chance I get. I'll post up some progress pics tomorrow as it's supposed to rain all morning. (It's raining now in fact, and has post-poned tonight's Cardinal's game with the Rangers . . . .booooo )

I want to isolate the low beams from the 'always-on' w/ignition state. I plan to install a I/O switch up on the left panel, so that I can run the HALO'S by themselves, or, with the low beams (like they are now wired). Does anyone know what color the power wire for each low beam bulb is? I can test for it but thought I would ask before I go poking holes in the wire sheaths . . . .heh,heh,heh

Ooohh,,, there's the door bell ! I bet that is my 15T Renthal sprocket arriving !!

Oooh Boy ! It's here ! , and does it ever look sweet ! It has lightening holes milled right thru the sprocket body . . . . mmmhmhhhmhh ,yum, yum, yum,

It's funny you posted today because I just happened to be sitting, watching TV when I remembered something that you need. If you look inside the upper fairing on the clutch side of the bike, you will notice that the plastic wire loom holder is missing. That's the plastic "circle" that gets held onto the inner side of the upper fairing with two sided tape, and then has a "lockable" loop that holds the wiring close to the inner panel. It was missing when I had changed out that fairing and I never replaced it. They have them at any Radio Shack. Without it as you will notice, the wiring hangs down becoming visible when you look downward while riding. Don't ask me why I remembered that tidbit but I did so I wanted to pass it along to you. Can't wait to see some pictures!

It's funny you posted today because I just happened to be sitting, watching TV when I remembered something that you need. If you look inside the upper fairing on the clutch side of the bike, you will notice that the plastic wire loom holder is missing. That's the plastic "circle" that gets held onto the inner side of the upper fairing with two sided tape, and then has a "lockable" loop that holds the wiring close to the inner panel. It was missing when I had changed out that fairing and I never replaced it. They have them at any Radio Shack. Without it as you will notice, the wiring hangs down becoming visible when you look downward while riding. Don't ask me why I remembered that tidbit but I did so I wanted to pass it along to you. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Ha ! Billy, I saw the missing wire-stay just the other day and have already replaced it ! They are handy and do a good job of securing the wire loom for sure. . . . !
Pics tomorrow !
:popcorn:

RE: FZ1 today (pics)

Some pics of the progress today . . .
I had to cut some thin-wall vinyl tubing to sleeve the inside of the T-Rex pucks so that the 8mm bolts would fit nice and snug, and tighten down securely. The 10mm bolts (for mounting to the frame of the R6 would not work for me here.), have been set aside, except for the one I used to replace the mounting bolt thru the exhaust bracket. I used plenty of blue locktite on them of course.

I ordered the R6 sliders on purpose because I wanted the 2-different lengths that were shown on the website. I felt these would work the best for this particular mod. T-Rex Racing also (graciously) sent me 2-additional 'T-Rex Racing' DECALS (for a total of FOUR decals!) for installation later when I get the fairings back on the FZ1.

The T-Rex slider pucks are two different lengths as you can see in the pic. I am using the shorter ones on the lower front of the fairing, replacing the aluminum discs that previously secured the fairing. The longer ones mount at the rear of the frame. See the pics.

I still have the left lower fairing off. The new 15T Renthal sprocket goes on next. Then I can re-install the left fairing.

I am rewiring the turn signals as I install the Protons.
more later,

Me too Johnny! Gary, the bike is looking good. After you have the sprocket on and the fairings in place with the signals, please take me a shot of the entire bike so I can see the placement of the sliders when all is done. Thanks, nice work buddy!

Well my Magical Racing windscreen got picked up from the post office yesterday morning and installed after work :D Haven't had a chance to take a ride so I can't comment on the wind protection, but fit and finish is great. Here are some cell phone pics (better pics on Sunday after she gets a proper washing).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well my Magical Racing windscreen got picked up from the post office yesterday morning and installed after work :D Haven't had a chance to take a ride so I can't comment on the wind protection, but fit and finish is great. Here are some cell phone pics (better pics on Sunday after she gets a proper washing).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is pretty magical, very nice. Does it come in plain black w/o the carbon?

RE: FZ1 today

Me too Johnny! Gary, the bike is looking good. After you have the sprocket on and the fairings in place with the signals, please take me a shot of the entire bike so I can see the placement of the sliders when all is done. Thanks, nice work buddy!

Thanks Billy and Johnny ! I have some more mods that I want to do to her over the winter months, but I'll be sure to post up pics of the whole bike as she comes along. The Protons look sweet btw. I had used the Gregg's Custom flushmounts on my first FZ1 (in the gloss BLACK) and they were gorgeous. But I have to say that the Proton's look mighty good too, and, they are quite abit BRIGHTER !! I hooked them up in the (more) "normal" flash sequence, and they blink with the tail signals perfectly. I really LIKE them ALOT !!!
more later,

Took out the flies :)
And thanks to this site :bowdown: and copperdawgs video tutorial it was a piece of cake :)
So now I am waiting for the postman to bring me my Roth VS and Copperdawg flies :flash:

Which af the Dukes maps would fit this mod, together with the mods listed in my signature?
I will of course get a custom map, but that won't be before spring.

Last edited:
Took out the flies :)
And thanks to this site :bowdown: and copperdawgs video tutorial it was a piece of cake :)
So now I am waiting for the postman to bring me my Roth VS and Copperdawg flies :flash:

Which af the Dukes maps would fit this mod, together with the mods listed in my signature?
I will of course get a custom map, but that won't be before spring.

I use his perfection stage 4 and it runs great and makes a lot of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back