What did you do to your FZ today?

I had Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires put on 2 days ago. :party0011: They are working well. I've been very easy with them because they are new, but having a rear tire without the flat spot from all the straight roads sure feels better :) I hope to get a bit more mileage out of these. The originals went 6500 miles (1600 before I bought the bike). I almost went for the PR2's, but I spent the extra $40 for the PR3's. Not really sure why, but I did.

Also had the wife's Ninja 250r raised back up just a bit yesterday after having the fender well replaced because my fat butt made it rub on the rear tire... :frown:

New set of Pirelli Rosso's...scrubbed them up real good this past week-end...
finally found a good used carbon Akra to replace my scraped up GYTR...everyone raves about the sound of the Akra???? I kinda find it quiet and boring....sounds just like my buddys Hindle on his 954.
Chopped of my fairing because of my off at the Gap...so now it looks like a naked with bug eyes.
Went back to a 16T up front w/ a 46 rear....now I can cruise comfortably at 100.

RE: Today's action

1.) Installed four more decals in strategic places . . . .
2.) Ordered in (off ebay), the Zero Gravity ST in the 'dark smoke' (my favorite for the BLACK FZ1's) I like this slightly wider, and marginally taller windshield on the FZ. I also really like the more aggressive 'angle-back' that these units have. Seems to increase the 'cooool' factor by about ten.
3.) Pondering which flushmounts to order in. I have prior experience with the Gregg's, and like them alot, except the 'gloss black' is ALWAYS on backorder . . . . pooooo. The Protons are also on the short list. They seem very popular and are the same price, and have the same features. I like the running light, and the strobe effect option on the Protons too. MMhhhhhh.
:beer:

1.) Installed four more decals in strategic places . . . .
2.) Ordered in (off ebay), the Zero Gravity ST in the 'dark smoke' (my favorite for the BLACK FZ1's) I like this slightly wider, and marginally taller windshield on the FZ. I also really like the more aggressive 'angle-back' that these units have. Seems to increase the 'cooool' factor by about ten.
3.) Pondering which flushmounts to order in. I have prior experience with the Gregg's, and like them alot, except the 'gloss black' is ALWAYS on backorder . . . . pooooo. The Protons are also on the short list. They seem very popular and are the same price, and have the same features. I like the running light, and the strobe effect option on the Protons too. MMhhhhhh.
:beer:

So does this mean we have to wait for everything to be done before you post some pics of the bike???? Cause I hate to wait!!!:looseit:

Funny you should ask . . I did take the camera to the shop with me. When I receive the ZG and get 'er mounted up, I'll post up some pics. I have to mod the new windshield first tho. I blackout the bottom third (on the inside), just to hide the cables, wires and such as you can still see thru it. Makes it look much better IMHO, when she's all blacked out up front.

GPS Hood cheap

I use a GPS a lot when I am wandering around in the hill country. Glare on the screen is a problem, so I made a hood from an old card file box. I still have to test it, but it should be an improvement. It can be popped off anytime when not needed. You could also use it as a coin holder for tolls. LOL!

Last edited:
I use a GPS a lot when I am wandering around in the hill country. Glare on the screen is a problem, so I made a hood from an old card file box. I still have to test it, but it should be an improvement. It can be popped off anytime when not needed. You could also use it as a coin hold for tolls. LOL!

Hideous! .. but functional! Nice

I had Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires put on 2 days ago. :party0011: They are working well. I've been very easy with them because they are new, but having a rear tire without the flat spot from all the straight roads sure feels better :) I hope to get a bit more mileage out of these. The originals went 6500 miles (1600 before I bought the bike). I almost went for the PR2's, but I spent the extra $40 for the PR3's. Not really sure why, but I did.

Also had the wife's Ninja 250r raised back up just a bit yesterday after having the fender well replaced because my fat butt made it rub on the rear tire... :frown:

Love the Pr3's....about 4000 on mine now.

Well for me this has been my best mods. I have just completed R.R. jet kit on my o2 Z.It went perfect at startup- setup is for 2 -5000 feet syncing was really easy with carbtune. I also installed a audiovox ccs 100 with an intergrated
CSI. Iused a CSI from a late 1990's yamaha cruiser. Will post a couple of photos next week. I have to play with the vacu um setup a bit more.I am away visiting familyfor a few days.

Last edited:
not good

Actually this was yesterday.. On my way home from work, I powerwheelied in 1:st gear, it went too far, I cut the throttle, and it went down so hard, the bars turned down a notch so the clutch is pointing a bit upwards now. Ok, I weigh a bit :p ..

How do I loosen the screws to turn it back ? the 4 shiny things in the middle of the bar, are those some kind of caps on the screws ? Can I pop them off with a screwdriver ?

Big day!

1. Installed Givi touring screen
2. Installed USB wire hooked up to switched power.
3. Waterproof GPS case installed.
4. Handlebar swap (Drilled out FZ1 bar to OEM FZ1 bar.. so I can use OEM bar ends).
4. Oury road grips installed.
5. Delkevic exhaust installed.
6. Silverstar bulbs installed.
7. Installed eBay levers.

fz1delkscreengps.jpg

Congrats, you've managed to almost completely ruin the nice design lines of the FZ1 :) What's next, the seat mod ?
I'd suggest the following:
1.remove the rack and get a backpack
2.doubleBubble screen
3.snakeskin tankpads instead of that pigskin you have now
:hug:

I pushed mine out of the way to get my new sled ready.......still have a bit to wait for snow though. Here's the new ride:
Readyforsnow.jpg

Readyforsnow-1.jpg

Update, did a few more mods to the Apex:

IMG-20111029-00168.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the oil then went for a short ride to look at houses.

Also made three new vids of my new muffler. First is with both of the db eaters installed
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8HzN5Xj7k]both db eaters - YouTube[/ame]

Then with only the front db eater.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLC2UC7vlM"]front db only - YouTube[/ame]

I decided to leave the front db eater out and just use the rear one. Third video is on the road acceleration from stop up to about 8500 rpm. That's still in the editing room though, will post later if asked.

Back