What did you do to your FZ today?

I love the sound! Now when riding with Cruzman I hear my own exhaust not his, with the old yosh I could hear his Akra over mine when we were talking via the coms. When I took the rear db eater out it was simply too loud for me but with it in it's perfect. Curiosity demands I try the rest of the db eater combos. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Gonna get the bike on the dyno soon so I can make sure the jetting is right.

Last edited:
RE: What I did today

Went to the garage and wheeled out my recently purchased "Black-Bronx- Bomber". Just had to ride today. 84 degrees with bright sunshine was just to good to pass up, even if I don't have new plates for 'er just yet. Then, I somehow managed to get my new avatar uploaded. It's funny, everytime I look at her I think of my trip to NYC. I'll remember the adventure and also my new found friends there for a long time!:D

Today I washed her, waxed her chain, and "made her up". :shine:
In the pictures you can see R&G axle sliders, rim stripes and givi top case mount.

She's a beaut!! Why must stock (and very functional) fenders be so damn un-pretty though? :(

My vanity overcomes my sense of practicality when it comes to this.

Finally got my OEM mirror spacers and put them in. That was pretty much last piece of the puzzle.. well.. except for PLXR rack which should arrive tomorrow. :D

I waxed her again today thats 2 days in a row plus i do the "honda polish" detail everytime I ride her.I still havent rubbed the paint off yet.thinkin about changin wheel color again this year last year went from gold to black

Finally got around to reinstalling the 12V outlet and heated grips switch on the replacement inner fairings. Going to need the heated grips soon :(

attachment.php

Finally got around to reinstalling the 12V outlet and heated grips switch on the replacement inner fairings. Going to need the heated grips soon :(

I have to do the same to both bikes. Tony, what are you wiring the socket and grips to? Did you install a secondary fuse block? Pics?

I have to do the same to both bikes. Tony, what are you wiring the socket and grips to? Did you install a secondary fuse block? Pics?

No secondary fuse block. I ran a line directly from the battery (fuse protected of course) for the socket. As for the heated grips I'm using a relay that again I'm powering right from the battery w/ fuse protection. Relay is wired up front on left side of bike. I'm tapping into the running light wiring to activate the relay. This way when the bike gets shut off the relay has no power so the grips are off regardless of the switch position.

actually put the new BT 16's on the bike. They are now discontinued and from what I'm told the new model will be called the BT016 Pros. Have not been told what the difference will be. Cleaned areas that you normally cant get to.

No secondary fuse block. I ran a line directly from the battery (fuse protected of course) for the socket. As for the heated grips I'm using a relay that again I'm powering right from the battery w/ fuse protection. Relay is wired up front on left side of bike. I'm tapping into the running light wiring to activate the relay. This way when the bike gets shut off the relay has no power so the grips are off regardless of the switch position.

I have just ran my heated grips directly from the running lights without issues for last 3-4 years...

RE: FZ1 today

Cleaned and detailed the recent addition. Well, I'm still cleaning, and well, just puttering. I did extend the battery tender lead (hidden under the seat between the rails with really short wires) to protrude out the left side of the engine, just below the airbox cover and above the shift linkage. Two cable ties to secure it. Nice and tidy. Installed some extra decals that I had lying around from the last FZ1. She's lookin abit better a little at a time. And, I don't have to remove the seat anymore to plug in the tender. heh,heh
:cheers:

I had to lubricate cluch and choke cables. They were starting to refuse to work (a lot of riding in rain might be the problem):deadhorse: It looks like I'll be lubricating my ride on weekend from top to bottom:yes:

Last week new battery :jaw drop: yesterday the pogo front wheel at 30-35 mph got much worse so 2 new conti tires and a $35 balaclava....... never leave me in a bike shop alone.

Installed PLXR side racks. I now have 116 liters of lockable waterproof cargo space :D

LOVE that I can pop off the *scaffolding* in 2 minutes too!

Back