What did you do to your FZ today?

Check out my post in the $15 cam thread for more details about the lenses I got today. I have one more coming, a 0.28x 180 degree wide angle lens, that will emulate the views from the commercial cams. See this blog for more details about the different lens options: "JelmetCam" experience: Elegir angular para la "shitcam". <--It's in spanish.

I'm using velcro one wrap straps for the cam mounts. I thought I had some images of the cams mounted, but I can't seem to find any. I'll take some if you want. I recently ordered some silicone type straps from ebay that I hope will make using the D011 easier. The last test vid I did, I used a bit of foam between the cams and the bike. Some for stability and some to give me the angle I needed.

PIP Test - Video

To mix audio, my comm system has an aux cable for music and radio. I also use a belkin rockstar to add the gps. I don't use the phone in my comm, I only use it at stops. I have a boostaro to amplify the volume and use the software mp3gain to make sure all my mp3s have the same volume before I load them onto the player.

I did the oil change with klotz 10-40 oil and a stock filter . its funny how much smoother the bike operates with some quality synthetic in it .replaced the plastic windscreen bolts with aluminum

RE: FZ1 today

After returning from the Deal's-Gap parade last weekend, I was cleaning and detailing my baby as usual when I noticed my shiny, aluminum sprocket was beginning to self destruct ! Ha, I knew it would. (It came on the bike when I purchased it) I had hoped to get 4 or 5K mi. out of it. Nope. Only 2450 miles and now it's time to replace it.
SunStar 47T STEEL sprocket on order ! Yipeeeee . . . !

First clean in a while. First polish ever. Took a few photos to have some updated ones. These pictures really do not do justice to how shiny it really is.

4131d1285528053-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-pic1.jpg

4132d1285528053-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-pic3.jpg

4133d1285528053-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-pic5.jpg

4134d1285528053-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-pic7.jpg

Jeez Brad! She looks showroom ready! Nice work! :D

We just saw a 2009 Granite Grey holdover up here at a dealer yesterday. $7,899 is their rock bottom deal. Norm is drooling again....

First clean in a while. First polish ever. Took a few photos to have some updated ones. These pictures really do not do justice to how shiny it really is.

She's looking good there :tup:

I washed mine a couple of days ago and was going to give her a good polish this weekend but I got caught out in some unbelievably heavy rain on the way home form work on Thursday so just left her as she is!
Looks like I won't be having a shiny bike again until after winter!

rearset washer mod

After scouring the mod threads I found the one about replacing the stock rubber washers with some from home depot. Off I went and for $2 I got them on. Cant wait till the morning ride to work to try them out! Coming from a dirt bike where I had zero flex on the pegs this has always bugged me on my fz. Thanks guys for coming up with great ideas!!!

Frank

My first motorcycle wheelies!

Finished the final bit of cleaning from my trip the other weekend by cleaning and lubing the chain.

Then I introduced the front pirelli angel to the sky for the first time with me as the pilot!! :stunta]: Yep, my first two real wheelies, other than the bunny hops I did when Cruzman tutored me through my first attempts after leaving the unending loop that was Cades Cove RD in Townsend, TN (See my videos for the road, not the wheelie).

Daddy was so proud, he wants us to get together so he can see it for himself.

Next time, I'll strap on the cams for some video proof!

Finished the final bit of cleaning from my trip the other weekend by cleaning and lubing the chain.

Then I introduced the front pirelli angel to the sky for the first time with me as the pilot!! :stunta]: Yep, my first two real wheelies, other than the bunny hops I did when Cruzman tutored me through my first attempts after leaving the unending loop that was Cades Cove RD in Townsend, TN (See my videos for the road, not the wheelie).

Daddy was so proud, he wants us to get together so he can see it for himself.

Next time, I'll strap on the cams for some video proof!

You GO :squid[1]: OH YEAH!

Back