What did you do to your FZ today?

I let him rest today after riding the snot out of him all weekend while staying at Fontana's Campground--Wore out my rear tire and got new A* Apollo gloves on Sunday, rode 28N and the Dragon on my birthday (Thursday), the Skyway two days in a row (Friday and Saturday), and made new friends!! Can't ask for a better weekend.

On Friday learned how to service my own Exup and had the front end dive dailed out (or in?) 3 turns. Also replaced the plastic turn signal adapter for metal ones when they plastic one cracked under pressure.

I let him rest today after riding the snot out of him all weekend while staying at Fontana's Campground--Wore out my rear tire and got new A* Apollo gloves on Sunday, rode 28N and the Dragon on my birthday (Thursday), the Skyway two days in a row (Friday and Saturday), and made new friends!! Can't ask for a better weekend.

On Friday learned how to service my own Exup and had the front end dive dailed out (or in?) 3 turns. Also replaced the plastic turn signal adapter for metal ones when they plastic one cracked under pressure.

First, Happy belated Birthday! Very glad to hear that it was THIS good for you! You got to see some fantastic places! Now, I hope you can come up in Sept to meet with us, even if only for a couple days!

First, Happy belated Birthday! Very glad to hear that it was THIS good for you! You got to see some fantastic places! Now, I hope you can come up in Sept to meet with us, even if only for a couple days!

That is definitely my plan!! I didn't see anything new but I learned a lot and need to solve a philosophical issue: It seems the better I learn to ride this bike, the faster I go. I've got to learn NOT to be so fast but stay smooth. When I tried to slow down, I was definitely not smooth.

OTOH, I did not get to ride with many new people which is what I thought a rally was for. Granted, it was my fault because I was bothered by the odd looking temp fix we made to the turn signal on the day of the one planned ride.

I did get to oogle many more FZ1's, see the mods I've considered, and got to ride a GenII for a bit (thanks Crazybiker). I talked to a lot of different members and got to put names to faces but some of the oldtimers didn't seem all that inclusive to some of us newbies.

They complained the rally was so small but it wasn't like there were specific things to do so I can't see how that mattered much. I need to figure out how I'm going handle September because I definitely want to meet you guys.

Well, if you go back to the thread, we've altered the plans and will have people staying for $30 a night in the garage but the garage is nice... kitchenette and it's own bath plus a place to park the bike securely.

As for meeting new people, you certainly will! It's a small gathering but it's not a bunch of complainers, just happy sorts who enjoy good company from all over. I doubt there's anything less than honest and down-to-earth folks who are there for the rides. There's no events but daily rides to far away places and back. Breakfast and dinners at the house and lunches on the road.

My wife would LOVE to see you there as she'll be the only female for the duration unless you show up.

Also, if you'd like to stay in the house, we still have the pullout sofa available in the living room and the entire 9 nights is $166 (payable to Norm who cannot make it and is looking to get his money back).

We hope you will be there, even if only for a couple days. I guarantee you'll have a great time with great people. :D

Thats what makes me think about coming down there one more time but this time with the wifey. Just didn't want to come back from those curves. Had a blast - tires have no chicken strips (even with the higher profile 190/55), was dragging pegs all the time and put the knee down a few times too. What amazing twisties TN and NC has.

Cleaned the bike, lubed the chain and checked the tire pressure. Hitting the road tomorrow morning @ 9 AM. Heading to Americade 2010 @ Lake George, NY :D

I oogled her today a few times... but that was it. Had a rough day at home not feeling well, certainly in no shape to go ride and the day was PERFECT for it.... sunny, no humidity and 70..... and me..... tethered to the bathroom.

Changed the oil and filter.
Installed the Givi Saddlebag Guard Rails
Lubed chain.
Ran around Colorado Springs looking for a NON-dirt road longer than 3 miles....

With the Givi rails
895083670_wRH7o-M.jpg

Last edited:
Bayne,

I am currently still bikeless :( but I live in Colorado Springs, a few rides I would take are:

1. Colorado 83 up to Parker and back to Colorado Springs

2. Highway 24 up to Deckers and back to Colorado Springs, has some nice tight twisties (even signs with caution for bike riders to be cautious, must have had some accidents up there)

3. Highway 115 south to 50 or to Penrose and then back to Colorado Springs or take 115 south to 50 and then east on 50 to Pueblo and then north on I-25 back to Colorado Springs

Yesterday I installed new brake and clutch adjustable levers from BIHR, black ones. Also put a sticker with my lucky number on the windscreen. Picture will be posted.
Other today I adjusted chain slack and greased it, and readjusted my gearpedal (the axel between gearbox and pedal) as I noticed it didn't went so smooth anymore into 2nd. Too hot to take out for a ride now in full leathers...Will take her out maybe tonight or tomorrow....:cool:

some pics of the levers and number

today i fitted some Oxford Products Nano indicators to go with the Pazzo levers i fitted on Saturday along with some R&G bar ends and some Motrax mini bar end mirrors..

tomorrow it'll be the Goodridge hose sets... if they arrive

Fitted some Copperdawg flies and junked the AIS crap. Didn't get any block off plates. Used the originals, cut off pipe connector tubes flush with plate face and put in a stainless nut and bolt with a fibre washer. Re-mounted plates the other way up so bolt is not visible. Job done!:tup:

Fitted some Copperdawg flies and junked the AIS crap. Didn't get any block off plates. Used the originals, cut off pipe connector tubes flush with plate face and put in a stainless nut and bolt with a fibre washer. Re-mounted plates the other way up so bolt is not visible. Job done!:tup:

That is one COOL helmet in your avatar! Is that your helmet? If so, what brand and where did you find it?

Back