What did you do to your FZ today?

Latest FZ1 update

Today was good. The new Lightening-Frame sliders came by mail along with the really cool CF-replacement levers. I got both items installed today and she doesn't look so beat up now as she sits quietly on the MC-lift.
I also have the new (replacement) super bright-LED D.O.T. rear turn signals from Custom Dynamics. They came today too (Fed-Ex), and will go on the back of the FZ tomorrow. Next will be the POD-mod with the LED 194A 's wired in with the Graves Flush mounts (that are back-ordered). I plan to install them as running/flashing units with the Magic-Blinkers that also came from Custom Dynamics today.

Today was good. The new Lightening-Frame sliders came by mail along with the really cool CF-replacement levers. I got both items installed today and she doesn't look so beat up now as she sits quietly on the MC-lift.
I also have the new (replacement) super bright-LED D.O.T. rear turn signals from Custom Dynamics. They came today too (Fed-Ex), and will go on the back of the FZ tomorrow. Next will be the POD-mod with the LED 194A 's wired in with the Graves Flush mounts (that are back-ordered). I plan to install them as running/flashing units with the Magic-Blinkers that also came from Custom Dynamics today.

Post up some pictures . I would love to see these goodies.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered an Ohlins shock. Technically I didn't DO anything to my FZ1 yet but I got the process started for doing something....

Just put on my flushmount front turn signals, Zero Gravity DB windscreen, and removed my rear tailights and used converter to integrate them into the rear brake lights. Ordered new jets and my shims got here so waiting for the money to buy some new carb boots intake and engine. If anyone knows were to find cheap carb to engine boots please let me know. Pics coming soom, sold my camera to buy the windscreen :)

Fixed the de-AIS mod, put the cap on the outside and also did the crankcase vent to filter mod. I have uploaded additional pics in the How To. Also installed the Whistler Cruisader Radar Detector.

Last edited:
Does this count?

Waited for goodies to come from the UPS man. Oh and bought another bike. Oops does that count? :gagged: New 2010 KLR 650 for playing on the gravel backroads. Post pictures when it is ready to roll.

Post up some pictures . I would love to see these goodies.
Pics coming soon. I got the multi LED rear signals on and boy, are they bright ! I took the $14. dollar ones off, and man I can't believe the difference. I am still missing the GRAVES flushnounts and, the new front cowling as both are backordered. I will take some pics today tho and put them up. If the pod-mod install (today), goes well I'll take a pic of that too.

I took mine to the bike shop, and had a test drive on a BMW F800R Chris Pfeiffer edition. What a fucking joke compared to the FZ1. On my way home I pulled a couple of first gear wheelies up over 100 km/h, and the grin on my face would not "turn off". Probably because of the Yoshimura TRC popping at 106DB on the engine braking .. I rode like a maniac, and decided not to trade in this time either :p

I took mine to the bike shop, and had a test drive on a BMW F800R Chris Pfeiffer edition. What a fucking joke compared to the FZ1. On my way home I pulled a couple of first gear wheelies up over 100 km/h, and the grin on my face would not "turn off". Probably because of the Yoshimura TRC popping at 106DB on the engine braking .. I rode like a maniac, and decided not to trade in this time either :p

:+2:

I remember having the same experience with the BMW F800ST -and that was when my bike was a Kawa 650R! I remember liking the ergos and components, but the engine was a giant disappointment.

Actually this has happened a lot lately, with bikes that people generally speak well of, the Triumph Sprint ST, the Street Triple, Daytona 675. I always feel a lot better on the way home, on my own bike :)

The only bike I've tried lately, that's even more fun, but more "single-purpose" was the KTM 990 SMT. I urge everyone to have a go on one, pull some wheelies, just be a hooligan for 20 minutes ..

.. OK, maybe not more fun, but another kind of fun

Last edited:
Started around 11AM, ended around 7PM, taking my time.

Ivan AIS block of plates
Lars Air Box mod
K&N air filter
PCv
GPR v4 stabilizer
Pazzo levers

I got it all buttoned up and looked on the ground and saw this nice orange cap that came with the Ivan kit and just started cursing. Luckily for me I was able to use some grip glue on an long 1/4" extension and stick it to the cap which I was then able to maneuver up to the air box hose inlet. Put a little silicon sealant in the cap to make sure it hold on there also. Really didn't want to pull the stabilizer off and air box again.

Bill3508

I just got my passenger peg mounts, rear set heal plates and Satan highway peg mounts back from the powder coaters. I bolted all of it back onto the bike just in time for the rain to arrive in Eastern Ohio, go figure.

Had everything done in a semi-gloss black. I wanted a flat or satin finish for a better match to the frame and engine, but the powder coater said that over time the flat would be more likely to develop a white film from being exposed to the elements. He recomended the semi gloss, so thats what I got.

I think it looks good, much better than silver. Forgive me for not taking any pics, I'll update my post as soon as we get some sunny weather and I can take some pics!

I also recently installed Bar back risers, as well the MIVV GP Exhaust last month and the FJR Passenger Pegs (rubber padded) and the FZ6 rear set pads (1/2" less thick than FZ1 pads).

Radiator guard is still in the box, that will be next!

Back