What did you do to your FZ today?

Very good considering. Takes some getting used too. I bought the eBay china ones with rhinomoto bar ends to try before I dumped money into crg ones. My roommate bought the crg's and one already broke. So I'll run these till the fall apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my ECU back from 2 Wheel DynoWorks in the mail today. Took a quick little video to share. I can not tell you how much the phrase "The Video doesn't do this Exhaust Justice" applies here. This is something you have to hear in person. HOLY CRAP!!! What a growl this beast has now!!!

https://youtu.be/kKhX57pJniQ

Bought it and installed my Ogio saddlebags and tankbag. As is typical with soft saddlebags, they don't mount particularly well, but I've got them on and secure, and they're not too squished or problematic for loading my stuff. The tankbag is new, and so far is working well enough for my needs. I don't foresee much in the way of modifications in the near future, but a RAM mount for my phone is highly likely, possibly with a charging outlet as well (already has an SAE connection for a battery tender, and I've seen some chargers which can connect directly to that port, so install should be simple).

20170415_220951.jpg
20170415_220959.jpg
20170415_221016.jpg
20170415_221106.jpg

Over the past couple of weeks, I changed the coolant to Bel-Ray after flushing the radiator, installed NGK Iridium spark plugs, put in a lithium featherweight battery and replaced all of the brake pads. I also put on an aftermarket rear seat that is more comfortable according to my girlfriend. I plan on doing an oil and filter change in the near future. My bike is a 2010 FZ1 in red.

Was fortunate enough to finally after a couple of years looking, to score a set of Cobalt Full Fairings for my bike. All the credit goes to Eric (FZ1inTX), for texting me that they were available, and Michael (mjfreuland) for selling them to me and sticking with the deal and making efforts to ship them. Although he had no hardware, Eric saved the day and sent me his wife's hardware being that she moved to a new bike. In addition to the fairings, Mike also sent along a clear OEM windscreen. If anyone needs one I will gladly ship it to them for just the cost of shipping. Eric blew me away with all the R-1 Sliders he sent along with the hardware. It looks like I'm set for at least three crashes!!! Hahahahaha!!!! That's a joke of course! While I did take photos of the installation, I won't bore anyone with those. While the fairings weren't "mint", they were in really good shape, nothing cracked or broken, and cleaned up well after a couple of hours of compounding and then polishing. There are still some very small scratches but they only show up at very close contact so I'm fine with that. Next winter I may decide to remove, scuff, and paint them but for now I'll enjoy them. Thanks again to Mike, Eric, and Michelle for all the help in finally getting these things to me. I truly appreciate it! So here's the before and after pics..................

BEFORE

IMG_20170409_113836_zpshadxrlpp.jpg

IMG_20170408_122812_zpslruenysy.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20170422_114549_zps1fv7bwxl.jpg

IMG_20170422_123626_zpslifpqcsr.jpg

IMG_20170422_123006_zpsngqwq1tz.jpg

IMG_20170422_123017_zpsjvact6bx.jpg

Last edited:
Was fortunate enough to finally after a couple of years looking, to score a set of Cobalt Full Fairings for my bike. All the credit goes to Eric (FZ1inTX), for texting me that they were available, and Michael (mjfreuland) for selling them to me and sticking with the deal and making efforts to ship them. Although he had no hardware, Eric saved the day and sent me his wife's hardware being that she moved to a new bike. In addition to the fairings, Mike also sent along a clear OEM windscreen. If anyone needs one I will gladly ship it to them for just the cost of shipping. Eric blew me away with all the R-1 Sliders he sent along with the hardware. It looks like I'm set for at least three crashes!!! Hahahahaha!!!! That's a joke of course! While I did take photos of the installation, I won't bore anyone with those. While the fairings weren't "mint", they were in really good shape, nothing cracked or broken, and cleaned up well after a couple of hours of compounding and then polishing. There are still some very small scratches but they only show up at very close contact so I'm fine with that. Next winter I may decide to remove, scuff, and paint them but for now I'll enjoy them. Thanks again to Mike, Eric, and Michelle for all the help in finally getting these things to me. I truly appreciate it! So here's the before and after pics..................

BEFORE

IMG_20170409_113836_zpshadxrlpp.jpg

IMG_20170408_122812_zpslruenysy.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20170422_114549_zps1fv7bwxl.jpg

IMG_20170422_123626_zpslifpqcsr.jpg

IMG_20170422_123006_zpsngqwq1tz.jpg

IMG_20170422_123017_zpsjvact6bx.jpg
Was a pleasure to help make it happen Billy. With these long since off the market, it is rare to find them, let alone in the right color. They look great on your bike! Well done!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric. My buddy lent me his polishing machine with compound and wax. It took a couple of hours but I was able to shine them up nicely. I'll take pics tomorrow during my ride. Of course as soon as I finished I walked outside the garage and it was raining! UGH.

Looking good Billy!

Back