What did you do to your FZ today?

Today I went to my local dealer for the 10,000 km service. To my surprise they were having a test drive day, offering some new Yamahas for a spin, so I wasn't bored while waiting the service to be done. At first I took a MT-09 Tracer which was very nice ride, except a nasty turbulence from the windscreen. Would definitely need shorter screen to sort it out. When returning it the service wasn't done yet, so they said why don't you test that FJR1300 meanwhile? I then hit the road with that, and didn't need to wonder why it is so popular bike for touring across Europe. Anyway, testing those bikes didn't make my FZ1-S to feel any less good.

The other nice surprise came when paying for the service. It was earlier estimated to be worth 270 EUR, but they charged only 192 EUR - no complaining for that! :)

I went for a ride to Austinmer beach. Pics of my new Rizoma Tomok mirrors.
Pros: They look awesome, they are top quality.
Cons: They are difficult to set up.
I can't see f#@k all out of them lol

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

been a while somebody updated here, so let me revive this thread...

My front MPR4 was reaching its end of life and now with the winter/rain/leaves/dirt season, I decided to replace both my front and rear tire with a set of Metzeler Sportec RR I had lying, waiting to be mounted.
While my wheels were removed, I took the opportunity to clean the brakes, and replace the rearspring shock lever (not the dogbone) with a jackup set, raising the rear 300mm...this will make the bike's steering even better....
Yet to do is putting a new airfilter on, after drained the oil and put a new oilfilter on it....

Attachments

• 14956643_1277066699004180_7332880769869447832_n.jpg
    14956643_1277066699004180_7332880769869447832_n.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 15027371_1278690845508432_4288792961091631352_n.jpg
    15027371_1278690845508432_4288792961091631352_n.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 23
I've been keen on the Healtech quick shifter as I prefer to cut ignition rather than fuel.
To cut fuel and ignition with the Dynojet PCV, you also need the ignition module.
Blanchy had been running his using just fuel cut and he seems to be happy with it.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went to install it last night and the joiners they sent me are wrong, too long and the wrong adapters. I'll be sending Blanchy a PM shortly to see if he can send me pics and show me what shafts he was sent.

It wasn't a good day at work yesterday and then to come home and find that was frustrating. I went to the gym and worked out my frustration there.

I went to install it last night and the joiners they sent me are wrong, too long and the wrong adapters. I'll be sending Blanchy a PM shortly to see if he can send me pics and show me what shafts he was sent.

It wasn't a good day at work yesterday and then to come home and find that was frustrating. I went to the gym and worked out my frustration there.

Bugger, that sux Dicko, hopefully you get it sorted soon. I bet you were planning a nice test ride this weekend too.

HEY GUYS!!! Long time no see!!!

Sadly After only getting the bike on Oct. 8th, it was time to winterize her and put it up on stands for a winters sleep. Boooooo!!!!

20161117_142447.jpg
20161117_142513.jpg
20161117_142819.jpg

I had another play around with the quick shifter linkage yesterday and if I can't get the right length from the Yami dealer I know how to get by, I'll need a bit of Lathe time on my friends lathe, but it should be about a 15 minute job. Then went and hit the twisties in the hills for a decent ride and came home to clean all the bugs off. I love these warm spring days now that they have finally arrived!

I did some cutting and measuring on the shift rods last night and they are now ready to face, drill and tap tonight. Then the fun begins :)

I had to shorten the thread on the standard thread on the double male shaft and cut the counter rotated thread and 12mm of the same shaft off the other end. I will face, drill and tap that end and join the two black shafts together to get an overall eye to eye length of 230mm.

You only need to do this if you have the Rizoma rearsets as they use an aftermarket ball joint, the stock rearsets use the stock ball joint and you can then just trim some thread off of the shafts to get this to work.

Attachments

• readytotap.jpg
    readytotap.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 22
  • shifter_c.jpg
    shifter_c.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I did some cutting and measuring on the shift rods last night and they are now ready to face, drill and tap tonight. Then the fun begins :)

I had to shorten the thread on the standard thread on the double male shaft and cut the counter rotated thread and 12mm of the same shaft off the other end. I will face, drill and tap that end and join the two black shafts together to get an overall eye to eye length of 230mm.

You only need to do this if you have the Rizoma rearsets as they use an aftermarket ball joint, the stock rearsets use the stock ball joint and you can then just trim some thread off of the shafts to get this to work.

And the result?

Back