What did you do to your FZ today?

Ordering from Omnia cost me AUD 580 (US $445) delivered, would have run me AUD $800+ (US $613) from the states delivered to me in Australia. I couldn't find an Australian distributor for them. I can't wait to bed them in & go for a good run through the hills. I need a new tire first....

I ordered some Pirelli Diablo Rosso III to try next, I liked the rosso II and these are much better on paper and cheaper with the current deals going - AUD 440 delivered.

Today I bleeded my rear brake because the grip was weak and had soft feeling in the pedal. I saw several air bubbles coming out, and then some very tiny bubbles which never disappeared completely, so I stopped after a dozen push and then filled the reservoir. The grip improved significantly, but still wasn't the best possible so I will try to bleed it again later. I have the ABS so the rear brake line is longer (goes through the pump unit under the seat), and it also takes more work to bleed properly.

I also completed the installation of Scottoiler today. The hardest part was to put the T-joint into the vacuum line, because I couldn't remove the fuel tank completely. The FZ1 isn't very mechanic-friendly, because everything is so tightly packed "under the hood" and you have to disassemble lot of things to get your work done. I can't dare to even think about the bill which will some day come for adjusting valve clearances... :eek:

I bought this bike at last September, and before storing it for the winter I installed the rack for Givi E470 Simply III rear bag, equipped with the extra brake light kit. I also installed grip heaters, using generic heater pads put under those grip rubbers, and made the wiring harness by myself. I put the switch into the left side panel in the fairing, and there's also a relay which only works when it gets 12V from the tail light, so it works only when the engine is running and the battery will not get accidentally drained.

Here's some pics from the Scottoiler installation:

20160424_124530b.jpg

20160424_185228b.jpg

20160424_181246b.jpg

Since my thread over at FZ1OA is pretty successful at almost 850 posts, I thought lets try it here. If it runs long, mods could sticky it!

As for me I installed Roth's velocity stacks and AIS block off plates. Here are the threads about them:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7808-how-roth-velocity-stacks-installation.html

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7810-how-roth-ais-block-off-plates-installation.html

Next: Whistler Cruisader Radar Detector and DDMtuning HIDs (still waiting on delivery).

I'm putting fz8 tail on my fz1, carbon mono by Tekarbon.

New Belly Pan

I just finished my custom built belly pan for my 06' FZ-1.
It turned out great. I wish that there were more options for fairings for FZ-1's. Im thinking about fabing fiberglass side fairings next.

Attachments

• 20160517_180836.jpg
    20160517_180836.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
How has the screen changed your buffeting and turbulence? I'm a big guy and air over the stock screen, particularly when there are side winds, knock me all over the place. Looking into the SS2 to allow less turbulent air to hit my chest vs very turbulent air hitting my helmet.

How has the screen changed your buffeting and turbulence? I'm a big guy and air over the stock screen, particularly when there are side winds, knock me all over the place. Looking into the SS2 to allow less turbulent air to hit my chest vs very turbulent air hitting my helmet.

I ride on the highway quite a bit and switching to the SS2 was a big improvement on buffeting. It does not knock you around like it did with the factory windscreen plus looks great on the bike.

Predator - what is your impression of your new Speed Screen, as far as view from the seat and wind blast/noise while riding? Im considering buying one too...by the way, great looking FZ!

I don't have the Speed Screen but I can tell you that for a 5'10" rider the stock screen is horrible. Nothing but buffeting in the chest and around the sides, it made my helmet bounce so much I had a headache. I switched to several screens and sizes before settling on a Zero Gravity Touring screen.

Predator - what is your impression of your new Speed Screen, as far as view from the seat and wind blast/noise while riding? Im considering buying one too...by the way, great looking FZ!

Thanks! It seems the new SS2 cuts through the air, what I mean the air goes around the screen unlike the turbulence air from the oem screen. It is quieter with the wind noise also, so far I am glad I purchased one I was a little leery about the price at first but once I took it on a high speed run I knew I made the right choice.

I fit a set of genuine Rizoma Tomok mirrors. I got them for a bargain on Gumtree. I have a set of the copy ones as well which aren't too bad for the money however the genuine ones are top quality and made in Italy. There's no way I would pay the $500 odd dollars for them though so I got really lucky. Pics to come.

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

Since my thread over at FZ1OA is pretty successful at almost 850 posts, I thought lets try it here. If it runs long, mods could sticky it!

As for me I installed Roth's velocity stacks and AIS block off plates. Here are the threads about them:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7808-how-roth-velocity-stacks-installation.html

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7810-how-roth-ais-block-off-plates-installation.html

Next: Whistler Cruisader Radar Detector and DDMtuning HIDs (still waiting on delivery).

Washed it then road to work.

after my little mishap (jumping with my FZ1 turned out to be not good for my tail) I replaced damaged R&G Tailtidy with a Rizoma version

This is after the jump, plate was completely bent inwards and you see the mark it left on the tire. Glad it didn't puncture the tire

marking of tire scraping off the paint

mark on tire

Replaced with the Rizoma tailtidy and gave the undertail a reddish paint

Back