What did you do to your FZ today?

OK, I am stumped now. I went to start and warm up the bike and the headlights and gauge backlight are not turning on. Checked the fuses and they're fine, bulbs are fine, turn signals, brake light and running lights all work but no headlights (low or high beam).

Anyone ever run into this issue?

Solved it. The culprit is the connector under the left inner fairing. Nice a low cost repair (a shot of contact cleaner.

Over the weekend I cleaned the front rotor bobbins, filed off all the burs in the waves of the rotors and cleaned them with brake cleaner and a scotch brite pad (caliper pads as well). Then took her for a 2 hour blast through the hills. Front brakes feel a whole lot better now.

Over the weekend I cleaned the front rotor bobbins, filed off all the burs in the waves of the rotors and cleaned them with brake cleaner and a scotch brite pad (caliper pads as well). Then took her for a 2 hour blast through the hills. Front brakes feel a whole lot better now.

I've got to do the same soon as well

Mounted a new Rear Pilot Road 4. Ready for an all-day ride on Friday while a couple (few?) of us play hooky from work. Weather is supposed to be a high of 53°F and "mostly sunny" here in Michigan. I'm loving this extended riding season!

Finally fitted the Retro Kit that has been sitting in my garage for years. All went pretty much to plan with the occasional hidden screw or bolt requiring more dismantling that I had anticipated. But after a day and a half of sweat in the garage here it is! Ta da!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Finally fitted the Retro Kit that has been sitting in my garage for years. All went pretty much to plan with the occasional hidden screw or bolt requiring more dismantling that I had anticipated. But after a day and a half of sweat in the garage here it is! Ta da!!

Welcome to the club! Looks good.

View attachment 22939

View attachment 22940

Looks great Bluey !! I didnt know the gen 2 came with a silver motor ? First one ive seen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back