What did you do to your FZ today?

Just finished checking and re-aligning it. The top of the beam was at 50cm!! I re-adjusted with an empty tank to 91cm at 7.8m (top of the range) so with a full tank it should dip to the lower end of the range.

FYI FZ1N headlights has the vertical adjustment on the top and the lateral (Horizontal) adjustment on the bottom knob (Opposite to the faired version I believe).

The guys I ride with shouldn't complain my headlight isn't bright now.

Last edited:
Spent the day with spanners and the laptop.

10421325_10153277990079795_9077199242767350903_n.jpg

Topped up the tank and rode it to dinner and home. Headlight works much better now that it is pointing where it should. Got the Yamaha World ride tomorrow morning so that should be another good ride. Sitting down watching motogp quali now.

Tightened the chain, and come to the realization that I think it is shot. Also fixed an irritating rattle in the front end, which turned out to be the horn rubbing on something.

Installed new flush-mounted LED front turn signals

Installed new LED turn signals/running lights. $50 from Amazon and true 10-minute plug and play connectivity. They also have the option of disabling the running lights so they only work for the turn signals/running lights.IMG_4291.JPGIMG_4292.JPG

Before I took her out, I replaced the footpegs with TopBlock ones, to increase some groundclearance.

Took her out on the track for a spin

Attachments

• Clubmot2704_2.jpg
    Clubmot2704_2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Clubmot2704_6.jpg
    Clubmot2704_6.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 114
  • Clubmot2704_4.jpg
    Clubmot2704_4.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Clubmot2704_7.jpg
    Clubmot2704_7.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Clubmot2704_8.jpg
    Clubmot2704_8.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Well I put some new handlebar grips on. Did the clutch side first that went just fine. Then I did the throttle side but instead of taking it apart I thought I'd take a short cut and just twist the old grip off... No such luck, I snapped one of the poxy inner cables grrrr. £30 + vat and I have to wait a week for it. I gave myself a slap for that short cut. I think it's come off at the throttle body end, no doubt it's pulled the nipple off...

I almost lost it riding into work. It was a chilly 3 *C here this morning and frosty as. I got to the end of my street and took a tight left (We ride on the left hand side of the road here) and the front started to wash out on me - cold road and cold tires at a slow speed. I dabbed a foot down, counter steered and picked her up, was just a natural downhill mountain bike reaction. It wasn't until I was up and exiting the corner I realised what just happened. I took it easier for the rest of the ride to work and by the time I got in my fingers and thighs were frozen and stinging from the cold - even with the thermals on.

I'm now thinking of getting some Oggy knobs in case I do ever drop her. What are other people running?

Back