What did you do to your FZ today?

The FZ1 is loaded and ready for both the AMA Race Weekend and my week riding around in Pennsylvania with Blavenia! Can't wait until work is done tomorrow afternoon and I'm heading West!!!!

CAM00444_zps3f37ff2e.jpg

I bought myself a birthday present, a set of Lightech rearsets.

I got them for a bargain at Carpimoto.com, free shipping to Oz was the clincher.

CarpiMoto - Lightech Adjustable Rear Sets Yamaha FZ8/Fazer 8 - Yamaha FZ1 Naked 06-

I can't wait to receive and fit them up.

I'll also need to buy a hydraulic brake switch but they are only $20 at bikebiz.com.au

Review to come.

When I installed the Rizoma rearsets I used the existing brake switch, I just had to adjust the loop on the spring for the new length which took the longest out of the whole install. Are you sure you can't use the stock one?

When I installed the Rizoma rearsets I used the existing brake switch, I just had to adjust the loop on the spring for the new length which took the longest out of the whole install. Are you sure you can't use the stock one?

I'll definitely try to use the stock switch first, thanks for the tip.

I did a few laps of this road
OxleyCurves_zps94c465da.jpg

Nearby I found the suspension bridge. It is the oldest suspension bridge in Australia and reputedly the longest of its type in the southern hemisphere.
KindeeBridge3_zpsdde18b52.jpg

Ya right about that spring Dicko! That spring was an absolute pain in the ass to get working right!!!!

Painted the smugler with flat plastic dip. Its not perfect but its close enough. Looks real close to the swing arm color and sheen. I had it perfect drying on a small plastic table and my wife ran into it and sent it flying !!! The plastic dip and smuggler is pretty tough!! I had to repaint though
majypery.jpg
egybydum.jpg
qy6ajyja.jpg
sa5u7e9a.jpg

Finally got around to taking the warning stickers off the tank and tail section. It's a bit rainy here this weekend, so I washed it. It's also a pretty boring weekend at home, so I keep walking out to the garage and thinking, "It only takes a few minutes... I'll throw another coat of wax on the painted bits." I'm pretty sure I'm developing some sort of OCD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Set up the Ivanised ECU and installed his latest map and took it for a quick squirt up the freeway & back. Not long enough to get a good feel for it, but long enough to make sure it's all working properly.

How did you like Ivan's new map?

I'm running the dB killer map for the stock airbox.

The fuelling is excellent and I was quite impressed with it on the weekend.

Smooth and powerful.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Back