What did you do to your FZ today?

I checked the tyre pressure and installed yet another of my modified PCV maps to test run tomorrow. It's been over a month since I last took the bike for a ride and I can't wait.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got my AIS block off plates today.
Probably won't put them on for a while.Not till it's time to change the plugs.Gives me a chance to measure them up.IMG_0126.jpg

Rode it to work. Every ride the front brake pads get bedded in more and the brakes improve more. Can't wait to hit the twisties now. Just need the weather to clear up.

Finally installed the r1 shifter mod, r6 rear shock mod, and bmw s1000rr mirrors onto my gen 1. Also broke down and purchased a rokform phone mount. Amazing quality for anyone looking to mount their phone on the handlebars for gps use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for you Eric, you waited so long for the riding season to start and then this happens. I hope that whatever happens with the insurance, you're back out on the road again soon.

John, I'll be back on two soon, either this one or another one. If it isn't written off, it will only take a few adjustments/bends to make it ride-able while I wait for parts to come in. The nice thing is, the Ivanized ECU and power commander are still operating at 100%! I hope to post in this thread this weekend that I'm either working on this bike or picking up a new one!

Past couple of days since I bought her I've been working on a luggage rack. Finally just about finished. Just a bit more shaping and painting of the footpeg mount points and I'll be happy. The givi top case rack should be here tomorrow.
10491326_796609980357482_6774821162844968619_o.jpg

906607_796609943690819_6796631786527495062_o.jpg

10460669_796609947024152_6260312147093221715_o.jpg

10454270_796610020357478_2648636386154958233_o.jpg

10470159_796610023690811_5486239960556938821_o.jpg

I rode 170 more break in miles this morning before lunch. Can't wait to get to 600+ and do the second oil change (first was at 300) and open her up a bit more.

First 300 some odd miles were all rain. Thank you Florida summer.....

Last edited:
Well thanks the Motorcycle Gods! They've opened a new Cycle Gear just 20 minutes from my house off the parkway! No more two hour round trips and tolls!!! I took advantage of the Grand Opening Special this past Sunday and picked up some goodies for the 09'. They had $100 dollar Shorty Levers at half price so I picked up a set for $100 bucks. I got the clear tank pad so I can protect the nice graphics yet still able to see them. I picked up a set of Swingarm Spools for the rear, and a new CF License Plate Frame.

IMG_0765_zpse08fc02e.jpg

The only thing left to get is my Exhaust. I was lucky today at work cause one of the local Celtic MC boys came buy on his way to bring his Kawi for service and also to return some lumber and he had the Two Brothers Exhaust on his Concours 14 and started it up in his van for me. I'm hooked on the sound that can makes so I'll be ordering this one Thursday!!!

TwoBrothers_zpsc45faf39.jpg

That will pretty much finalize the list of mods I'm doing to the FZ1. I'm happy with everything else. If she starts popping I'll block off the airbox and call it a day!

Well thanks the Motorcycle Gods! They've opened a new Cycle Gear just 20 minutes from my house off the parkway! No more two hour round trips and tolls!!! I took advantage of the Grand Opening Special this past Sunday and picked up some goodies for the 09'. They had $100 dollar Shorty Levers at half price so I picked up a set for $100 bucks. I got the clear tank pad so I can protect the nice graphics yet still able to see them. I picked up a set of Swingarm Spools for the rear, and a new CF License Plate Frame.

IMG_0765_zpse08fc02e.jpg

The only thing left to get is my Exhaust. I was lucky today at work cause one of the local Celtic MC boys came buy on his way to bring his Kawi for service and also to return some lumber and he had the Two Brothers Exhaust on his Concours 14 and started it up in his van for me. I'm hooked on the sound that can makes so I'll be ordering this one Thursday!!!

TwoBrothers_zpsc45faf39.jpg

That will pretty much finalize the list of mods I'm doing to the FZ1. I'm happy with everything else. If she starts popping I'll block off the airbox and call it a day!

You got a Cycle Gear?!?!? NICE! Good score Billy! What's the cheapest you've found the CF 2Bros can? I'll be looking for one later but will run the lightly scuffed Titanium for a while.

Did you install this stuff yet? Did I miss some pics?

You got a Cycle Gear?!?!? NICE! Good score Billy! What's the cheapest you've found the CF 2Bros can? I'll be looking for one later but will run the lightly scuffed Titanium for a while.

Did you install this stuff yet? Did I miss some pics?

No, you haven't missed anything bud. Tomorrow morning early I'll have the stuff installed and then ride over to the new Cycle Gear to pick up my new Kevlar Jeans. As for the can, I got the CF Version for $370.00 shipped. Not too shabby as far as I've seen. That will be next week.

This is the exact one.....

_12_zps95719094.jpg

Last edited:
Well, as Mr. Murphy would have it, I went down early to install the new Shorty Levers on the FZ1 and they were the wrong ones! Wonderful! So I installed the Swingarm Spools, Tank Pad, and CF License Plate Frame and packed up the Levers and warmed up the YZF. I decided to take her out for a ride since she hadn't been started in almost a month and a half. I didn't realize just how much I love this bike! I may have to just keep her in the stable. I rode it up to Cycle Gear to exchange the Levers for the right set. Of course with Mr. Murphy by my side, they tell me that not only are they the wrong ones, DUH!, but they don't list a set for FZ1's after 05'. So I asked him what part he looked up last week and he tells me the R1. Double DUH! Anyhow, by then I decided to just give up on the Levers and get a much needed pair of Kevlar Jeans instead. So all was not lost. Oh, and I got back an additional $22 bucks from the difference of the Levers. I'll order a set of Shorties from Ebay like I was going to do in the first place. I rode home and waxed and cleaned the FZ1 in prep for a Jersey Ride tomorrow with Tony (NJFZ1) and Ray (Canonfuji). Pics and vids of that ride coming tomorrow evening! Some pics of the new stuff.

New clear Tank Pad to protect the finish while leaving the nice graphics visible.

IMG_0773_zps80257bf5.jpg

New Swingarm Spools which are mostly for show being I have the center stand. I just wanted to fill those threaded holes more than anything.

IMG_0774_zpsbf3b45de.jpg

License Plate Frame installed...

IMG_0779_zps74595dc3.jpg

After cleaning the entire bike I finished up with some Blue Eagle and polished the headers.

IMG_0780_zps4f402420.jpg

Lastly, the new pair of Kevlar Jeans which I really needed!

IMG_0784_zps5e0533c3.jpg

Back