What did you do to your FZ today?

I spent 2 days tearing the bike apart and tryin to find out why it wont start. Then i realised my PC3 ground was connected to battery +... And i had done the same mistake about 20 times when removing battery while recharging it.

Lähetetty minun GT-I9505 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Removed the lower fairing for the first time. Gonna go naked for awhile. I waxed the outside and sprayed Pro Prep on the inside. Hope to ride a bit later if it warms up.

Found a few small rust spots on side of chain

The 08 is now under a rain proof cover in the back yard since October.

(The restored 69 El Camino got the locked/alarmed garage. LOL)

Cleaning/lubing chain, then change oil and filter on both.

Finished building my gen 1 street fighter.

7ynynu5e.jpg
hy6aryqy.jpg
yvyhepuv.jpg
azydusy6.jpg
y9e5aquz.jpg
symuha9y.jpg
sepyha6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the cover off the sleeping Fazer and moved her closer to the garage entrance, switching places with the snowblower. Hope not to need that again before next year. Didn't get the tires checked for pressure, but it is almost time to go out for the first ride of the season.

Trying to decide whether to do the PCV, airbox and flash this season, or to do a proper rear shock and fork springs mods. Can't do both, so have to choose.

Suspension

Took the cover off the sleeping Fazer and moved her closer to the garage entrance, switching places with the snowblower. Hope not to need that again before next year. Didn't get the tires checked for pressure, but it is almost time to go out for the first ride of the season.

Trying to decide whether to do the PCV, airbox and flash this season, or to do a proper rear shock and fork springs mods. Can't do both, so have to choose.

Suspension would be my choice of the 2. Bike has plenty of power for the street as it is, but the suspension you will appreciate everywhere.

I agree, suspension before HP.

In auto racing we always worked on brakes / suspension before HP because you have to be able to control the HP. No reason the same should not apply to motorcycles especially since on a bike you only have two wheels.

Jon…

I took mine out for a check on it's fairingsupport. Some of you remember my off some years ago (involving some cyclists on a roundabout) where my front fairing took a good hit when landing. Since then my frontfairing was off a few degrees.
Taking my entire front off, it showed the fixture on the frame had a minor offset, but enough to swing my fairing off a few degrees to the right. It had no impact on riding capabilities, but was kinda optical disturbing me.

Also some time already I got myself a spare support (US model) but note the differences. Left is the EU version, right the US version

The US version misses the support bracket to hold the frontlight ballast (on the left) and the electronic unit (on the right) viewed on above picture.
I ask then how are these being installedon your US bikes?

with the frontfaring off, I took her for a good wash and removced also my Bagster tankcover. So it revealed again it's nice graphite grey color

And I kinda love the naked look. Hence I'm contemplating to keep it this way and look to modify it to an FZ1 Naked version.

Took out the FZ for it's maiden voyage....Just wow!
It is the first time I took it out of 1st gear for more than 100 feet.
Ivan's fueling is spot on..very impressed.

smiley-face-thumbs-up-14491322.jpg

Last edited:
I just opened the airbox (LARS airbox mod+removed the front screen) and installed the DNA air filter.
It's going to be flashed next week (unofear ecu flash).
Can't wait to hear the roooooaaaarrrr!

Back