What did you do to your FZ today?

I checked the weather forecast then fuelled her up, put her in the garage with the cover on until the next rain front has gone through, hopefully I'll get a ride in on the weekend.

Tuesday: rode 387 miles to Rapid City for good riding in the Black Hills.

Wednesday: rode I don't know how many miles through the Black Hills. Some of the most beautiful roads you will ever ride.

Thursday: rode 387 miles back home.

Three days in the saddle and my ass is killing me.

Rode 300 miles today. I guess the carpal tunnel surgery I had Aug 14th works.

160 off the slab between 55 - 65 into the wind got 39mpg.

140 on the slab between 65 -75 with the wind got 44mpg.

Total time on the saddle = 7 hours

Go figure!

Solo ride on my FZ1

Just have taken my 09 FZ1 for a solo test ride to the Southwestern and back home for 2600 miles. My butt and hands are a bit sore otherwise she has treated me well. Next time, i would be on my Harley Ultra Glide, so my butt and hands would be OK!

made my annual ride to Lake Superior.
Had time on the way back to get the picture.
44-46 MPG on this trip.
Not happy with the seat, my butt is HURTING!

Rode 300 miles today. I guess the carpal tunnel surgery I had Aug 14th works.

160 off the slab between 55 - 65 into the wind got 39mpg.

140 on the slab between 65 -75 with the wind got 44mpg.

Total time on the saddle = 7 hours

Go figure!

Today I did NOTHING to the FZ1 :( Next Sunday I plan on meeting OldBiker and Vagabon for a ride on a twisty road in IL (I don't believe it yet). :Liar:

I'm so glad your surgery seems to have gone so well. I hope it holds up for you!

I'm looking forward to next week! After our Sunday ride, the wife and I are taking off for a couple days in mid-western MO. We won't make it to KC, but it will be a good trip.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip to Brown Co., IN before winter too. So I guess I thought about riding it today.

BTW, I'm getting a new rear PR3 on Thrusday morning after 10,000 miles on my 190/50 PR3, I decided to try the 190/55. I hope the front will last for about half this rear, and then I will think about the PP3's or something more sticky for a change. (I don't think I need it.)

:rmwl:

Record Temps this week and going South next week. So I took a good few hundered miles after work on the Fz. Some Mnt riding and no one on the road. Mid week rides Kick @$$, it was HOT to.
004_zpsf4da10fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Washed it today, after blowing off and whipping I take it for a zip up and down our dead end Rd. Well I pulled the front end up just on twist in 1st, HOLLY crap. New she'd do it if asked :yes:

Knight Design, 1" lower pegs.

Installed these Night Design pegs today. At 52 years of age and a 36'' inseam, these pegs are a welcome addition to my 08 FZ1. The stock pegs are riveted in so I used a Dremol tool with a grinding stone to remove them. I also added rubber washers on both sides of the mounting pin to prevent vibration. I also lowered the shift and brake levers. Just got back from a nice ride. Its 24 Celsius in Edmonton witch is rare at this time of year. The pegs felt good and I didn't notice any vibration.

Today I took a short ride with my father-in-law. He has an older Yamaha 650 Special parallel twin. He usually rides about 50mph, but it was great to get out with him. I lost my dad back in 1992 and my father-in-law is a great guy.

After our ride, I changed from my Zero Gravity Double Bubble to my V-Stream. It's much bigger and with cooler weather, I thought I would need it tomorrow with my early morning ride to see OldBiker. I then gave it a quick wash, not a very good job, but I might be riding in a bit of rain tomorrow, so no need to go crazy. I will clean and lube the chain after tomorrow's possible wet ride too.

I will leave home about 5:30am to give me enough time to make the 2 hour trip (with an extra 1/2 hour for travel issues. We will meet at 8:00am and then ride what I have been told is the "Tail of the Dragon" of IL around Lake Bloomington. I'm sorry Vagabon is unable to meet with us too, but family comes first. Prayers to you.

I have my new rear tire barely scrubbed in, but I think I will like the 190/55. I also think it made my speedo closer to correct. More from the ride tomorrow.

New tires and new spark plugs. It feels like a new bike. I never would have imagined there could be such a difference.

The old tires were PR2 CTs with ~11,000 miles. They were nowhere near the wear bars but the front was scalloped and the rear was squared off. I can't believe how much better the bike handles. BTW, the new tires are also PR2 CTs.

The OEM plugs (with nearly 18,000 miles) were all in good condition, all the same light tan color. With the new plugs, the bike is noticeably faster and smoother, less engine vibration. I honestly don't think it's my imagination. How can new plugs make such a big difference? 75 is the new 55 on my personal rural loop. I thought it was running fine before but now I'm not sure I'll still buy that new FZ-09.

The only problem, if it is one, is that when I left the dealership and got to the first traffic light, I noticed the front brake lever has almost zero travel. When I got home I checked both front rotors to see if the brakes were dragging but both sides were cool. I spun the front tire and it rolls freely. Any ideas on what would cause this? The brakes work fine, there is just noticeably less travel than when I took it in.

BTW, the mechanic who did the work and who test-drove it afterwards commented on how clean it is and asked me when I plan to sell it.

Alright all fz1 led rear lights

Alright everyone hope you all are well.Can anyone help? Having just taken delivery of my 2007 FZ1 on Thursday just gone, yesterday which was Saturday I thought I'd replace rear lights and indicators with all in one light. The replacement light come with the rear light and brake light plug which is the same as original plug so plugged straight in the indicators only had one wire for each but originals have 2. Now I've joined each of the single wires to the positives of originals from bike all indicators now flash fast I know this is because bike thinks a bulb has gone as the earth is now not connected to anything from original indicator wires. I've tried earthing them and I'm now stumped. If anyone's got any ideas throw then this way. Any way just done a few miles on it and love it I part ex'd a Harley I'd had since last year of which I had clocked up a whopping 125 miles on it after buying it I slowly realised I'm not a Harley person so took it back to shop and had a deal on 2007 Fz1 n. Cheers hope you can help
3dogs

Alright everyone hope you all are well.Can anyone help? Having just taken delivery of my 2007 FZ1 on Thursday just gone, yesterday which was Saturday I thought I'd replace rear lights and indicators with all in one light. The replacement light come with the rear light and brake light plug which is the same as original plug so plugged straight in the indicators only had one wire for each but originals have 2. Now I've joined each of the single wires to the positives of originals from bike all indicators now flash fast I know this is because bike thinks a bulb has gone as the earth is now not connected to anything from original indicator wires. I've tried earthing them and I'm now stumped. If anyone's got any ideas throw then this way. Any way just done a few miles on it and love it I part ex'd a Harley I'd had since last year of which I had clocked up a whopping 125 miles on it after buying it I slowly realised I'm not a Harley person so took it back to shop and had a deal on 2007 Fz1 n. Cheers hope you can help
3dogs

If its an LED light youll probably need some flash rate controllers, thats why its flashing too fast.
Ebay is your friend ;)

Back