What did you do to your FZ today?

FZ1N conversion install. :yes:

fz1n.jpg

Looks Sweet!!!! Nice job on the conversion.

Thanks man. Wiring was less than fun - there's no room behind the headlight. haha. I elongated parts of the factory front harness, shortened other parts, and moved the relays and plugs in by the ECU. It's 100% clean on the outside, but was a lot of work.

A silver lining...

Hey hey, one of the many lurkers around here chiming in again.

BTW, it's my first bike, have had it for 2 years and loving it. Bought it when I was 27, no regrets (was looking at an r1, but from what I was told, my intended use, and what I read here and other sites I was convinced to jump on the wagon.) Just wanted to show a little love to the forum and say THANKS to all that contribute; the info is much appreciated.

I got into a slight scuffle on the highway with a car that wanted to occupy the same space as me.. at the same time :dontknow:... needless to say; I was able to replace quite a bit after all was said and done (his fault). took 2 weeks- I finished up this past weekend. But this was the end result. The tones are slightly off.. but meh; I'm not too bothered by it- deal was too good.

Here's the list of the new goodies:

Galfer braided brake lines
Carbon Side Panels
Carbon Tire Hugger
Carbon Sliders w/ offsets (the bay this time; cheaper than shogun, pretty good too.
Carbon Clamp Sticker
Carbon Gas Cap Sticker
Carbon Tank Protector
Integrated Tailight
Competition workes fender elim
Front Fairing Stay
Front Cowling
Painted Side Fairings
Painted Tail
Kuryakyn Mirrors and Adaptors (repainted to black)
Rizoma Handlebar
Rizoma Lux Grips
Rizoma Clamps
Rizoma Adaptors and pegs (soon, waiting on the pegs)
Driven Rear Sets; banjo w/ pressure switch coming this week....
Top Sellerie Seat (thanks to cobalt and the others for their many posts on those seats; couldn't have made an educated choice without you guys)
Waterproof usb charger and cable
Gytr carbon barends
Evotech exhaust hanger (while my pass. pegs get powder coated black)
Toll Tag Holder
Shifter Booty
Blue speed screen screws
And.... Finally.... :banghead: a plug in my rear tire being that it was flat from a staple it run over while being moved in the shop. :(

Existing mods:
Yosh Slip on
CD Screen
ASV Shortys
flush turnsignals
Cut Airbox
PCV
Rim Tape Stripe
Rear Carbon Spools
Those are Pilot Road 3s on there.

Still waiting for my buddy to pick up my rotors for the front and looking at a possible royal blue powder coating of the rims this winter (debating it because I hate the thought of not being able to ride for a couple of weeks. Been riding all year round- unless it dips under 33 F; not too often; NYC)

But yuh, it felt great to get back on her. Love the new feel for sure!!

-John

This is Bubbles:
20130614_175717.jpg

20130614_175730.jpg

20130614_175740.jpg

20130614_175756-2.jpg

20130614_175813.jpg

20130614_175824.jpg

Last edited:
Well crap, didn't get the Healer taken out. Went flying R/C plane after work. Needed that, then worked Garden with wife, needed that to. Looks like our weather is done for the week so no hurry on that job.
FZ1N conversion looks Bad @$$.

Hey Nino

Love the bike Nino! What kind of tires are those? I didn't see them listed in your upgrades. Also, did you have someone plug the tire from the inside, and put a patch on the inside as well as the plug?

I sneaked in a 105 mile ride today. I squirted over to Terre Haute, IN before the rain and went to Thompson's Motorsports. They have a seemingly pristine 2012, black and red FZ6R with about 870 miles on it. I'm always after my wife to (not get rid of her '09 Ninja 250R), but add a bigger bike for her to the stable. I'm pushing for an FZ6R and she is leaning toward the Ninja 650.

I was able to test ride the FZ6R and found it to be about what I expected. I thought there would be a little more power, but it was still way more than the 250. I'm sure she will need it lowered a bit, but I'm hoping she will be able to take a test ride herself. I'm sure they are asking $500-$1000 too much, but it's worth a look. Here's the link.

That's 3 test rides I've had in the last week. I took out an HD Switchback, a 2008 (I think) R6 and now the FZ6R today. I just love the experience of riding all kinds of different bikes and how great my FZ1 still feels when I get back on it! :tup: It is a special bike for me. (I almost took out an HD V-Rod today too, but decided against it)

Last edited:
Picked up some bar end mirrors today and got those installed. Sick of waiting for the other ones to get here. I rode with no mirrors today - scary. haha

Love the bike Nino! What kind of tires are those? I didn't see them listed in your upgrades. Also, did you have someone plug the tire from the inside, and put a patch on the inside as well as the plug?

Yup, Pilot Road 3's .. and naw, I just plugged it from the outside. I have to look a little harder for a shop that's willing to patch it from the inside without gouging me.

I rode to work, found out the patients cancelled, :looseit: and rode back home. No work (forced vacation time), but a great ride and time at home with the kids! :rmwl:

Back