What did you do to your FZ today?

My FZ1 no longer has safety stickers.

Today I removed all of the safety stickers, got a tag for it since I've had it less than a week. And I put a nice tank pad on! Got a nice sunburn while I was at it. Still deciding which turn signals and fender eliminator I want. Any ideas!?

My :2cents: But I'd stay with OEM blinks so people can see you. I went with
Evotech on the back. Solid stuff, I've just wired in some OEM front blinks on the back, 3 wire. So I now have full running lights. Take pictures on what you do :cheers:

So while looking for the problem I was having and giving the bike a once over, I looked down and found that a few of the chain bearings inside were broken. I was waiting for such an opportunity to replace both sprokets, I got the 16T in the front and wow did that change the bike. Also while I was there got a new front tire :) All is well with my bike now.

Rode her HARD.

003_zpsfb37aa0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Blasted over from Blackpool to Barrow-in-furness and back with my tb juicebox full of new fuel maps on a quest to find a suitable one. The results were well worth 2 tanks of fuel, and "The work of idle hands II" is now a bike I can be proud of, she flies!!!

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

Today I'm pulling the Speedo Healer. That milage count is bugging me, so I'll fix it by going back to Stock set up. The speed being off for the good will do me good.

I'm running stock sprockets, so I'm leaving my speed stock for mileage as well. I found it odd on the last trip I took with my wife that her stock, '09 Ninja 250r was reading about 8 less miles per 100 than my stock '07 FZ1. I guess I'll have to break out the GPS to see which is closer to right. That seems like a big discrepancy. We were comparing the tripometers and not the odometers. I don't know if that make a difference.

I did get out for a quick 25 mile run today. I wanted to do more, but I had to squeeze that in when I shouldn't have anyway. I need to wash the FZ1 and Ninja 250r as they are still filthy and the chains need cleaned and lubed after a little ride on wet pavement last weekend.

My 2012 was off 8.6% on speed and 2.9% on milage. Both were high so it was adding more miles than traveled. Trip and odometer use the same pulse.

With the SpeedoDRD the speedometer is 100% on and the odometer is 4.5% low. I can live with the lower mileage readings.

Back