What did you do to your FZ today?

I looked at my FZ sitting in the garage and wanted to ride it to work tonight, but I took both kids with me to meet Mom and come back home with her. I had to choose some extra family time over my ride.

Besides, the wife and I are planning a ride to the Galena, IL area Friday and Saturday if the weather holds. I get off a 12-13 hour shift at 7am on Friday, so we will see if I'm up to a 5-6 hour ride without sleep. I think I can handle it. I've stayed up after work before. I'll sleep well Friday night and then have some great riding Saturday and a nice ride back home. Don't worry, if I don't feel awake, I will sleep before we take off. I'd like to get an early start, but saftey first.

When we first planned the trip, I wasn't working Thursday night/Friday morning, but I moved my Monday to a Thursday so I could go to Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN with my 11 year old daughter and her church group. Even if I have cancel the trip, it was worth it.

Cut my shield down and put an r1 shock on now im gonna try it out
ejape7yr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cut my shield down and put an r1 shock on now im gonna try it out
ejape7yr.jpg

and for the north of the equator folks...

That looks great. I'd love to see the R1 shocks. I'd love to do the R1 forks, but it sounds a bit more involved than I'm comfortable. I've heard they make a big difference. Did you change master cylinder and brake calipers too? I like the PP3's.

Last edited:
No i only put the rear shock on and man what a difference it feels so much better. I was gonna sell her if it didnt.So far i bought the bike 09 2,200 miles,put a pipe,ss brakelines,FE,integrated tailight,r1 shock,a set of pilot powers ,frame sliders and im at $8300 this turned out way better than buying a new bike woo hoo!

sorry about the upside down pic I don't know whats goind on with that I didn't take it upside down and and it doesn't look that way when I posted it ???

I got my seats back from Eddie for the "DirtRoad" seat mod. They look amazing! I got some mapping info from "Upinsmoke" Along with some mapping help and an Exup eliminator from "SoCal". I also raised the forks in the triple tree 6mm for better cornering. Now Im heading out for a few hundred mile ride back to my home town. I can not wait to try everything out, especially the seat. I wanna thank the Members who helped me out, this forum has the BEST guys and info hands down.

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

Last edited:
Pulled her apart and did the Lars mod, fitted a BMC air filter, and plumbed in my TB juicebox pro all within an hour! Just in time for my bro-in-law to come round for a rideout into Cumbria.
The bike is much more responsive now and growls louder on WOT, pulls really well above 4k! Now I want more!

I just need to find a map that will work with these mods plus a mivv slip on, and trimmed flies which I'm making this afternoon.

Anyone got a map that works well for this?

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

How much of a difference did it make and in what rpm range? I've been wanting to do the airbox mod, but I'd have to get a PCV, so I've been debating whether or not it is worth the $275. I did notice a good difference when I switched to a 16 tooth front sprocket.

I think its more 'response and feel' that you get from the mods I did yesterday, but my bro-in-law said it felt a bit pokier than before. I'm sure a session on the rollers would fine tune things for a bit more power. It felt especially more lively in the above 4k rev range, and again at 7k it just goes bonkers as usual.
Worth doing, especially if you've got more mods on the cards.

I've been wanting to do the airbox mod, but I'd have to get a PCV, so I've been debating whether or not it is worth the $275.

Hence why I got a juicebox pro. I can put 10 different maps on it, and adjust on the go with it. Plus it was about 100 bucks cheaper than a PCV. If your not going to try and self tune the maps too much, I'd recommend it as you can use the PC maps.
I like it, and I'm only using the generic TB Racing slip on/filter map atm.

I think its more 'response and feel' that you get from the mods I did yesterday, but my bro-in-law said it felt a bit pokier than before. I'm sure a session on the rollers would fine tune things for a bit more power. It felt especially more lively in the above 4k rev range, and again at 7k it just goes bonkers as usual.
Worth doing, especially if you've got more mods on the cards.

4-7k is exactly where I feel it is lacking. Ill definitely be doing these mods next thanks.

Back