What did you do to your FZ today?

Wow, they make a nice looking exhaust system. I'm just curious as to what that bracket is on there for. It looks like it belongs attached to somewhere??

There is a factory mounting piece that it goes to, which I removed with the original header. I didn't give it too much consideration when bolting the new unit up... the piece in question is fairly heavy and ugly, and everything is leak / rattle free as is. I will either have a lightweight tab made to connect to it (have a friend that does CNC / Fab work) or just machine that bracket off completely. The bike has gone on a serious diet and I am enjoying the new feel...

On a side note, for anyone looking at this exhaust, make sure you have a Power Commander of Dobeck TFI (or any EFI controller that removes the O2 sensor). There is no port for an oxygen sensor with this exhaust. Since most guys going with a full system will know to run a device such as this anyways, it's a moot point... just wanted it to be known, however.

Last edited:
Changed the oil, dropped the battery back in & started for the first time this season. Now to clean the chain.
Looking in a different perspective……..looks like I need a lower cowl :)

DSC01769_zps07b86e00.jpg

Your garage is awesome!!! can I hire you to do mine..lol nice set up!

I pulled the carbs and cleaned them after 4 years of use.
I have been riding it with dirty carbs and the clutch has held fine. I ride it after I cleaned the carbs and now its pulling though the clutch so I need to find a clutch to put in it.

Good luck with the Spedo Healer, fixed my speed but the milage is OFF. All that SH did for me was show me where I should be, not were it is :sport12: Hard bike to keep in the Posted zone.

I washed off the winter scum from the FZ and the Ninja 250 on Thursday. Nothing too great, just a quick bath. The birds had added their own look to the Ninja :(

I took them around the block for a warm up lap. My town has a BS 20mph side street speed limit. Luckily I took the Ninja out first. The popo was chatting at the end of a 2 block stretch where I "opened it up". I didn't see him pull out, but I knew what was coming. I was home and ready to jump on the FZ, but some lights caught my eyes from the ally behind my house. He got me at 48. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. I thought it would do better than that. He reduces it to 35 in a 20 and I told him I was glad I didn't take the FZ out first because it will do 86 in First gear.

Ive been pulled over a total of 4 times on a motorcycle, and 3 times have been in the last 2 years in this Podunk town. Oh well. I did it, I'll pay it. I can't 'really' complain.

I still need to clean and lube the chains. I aired up the FZ PR3's to 40 front and 42 rear. I'm kind of a passenger and rider all in one :( I need to air up the Ninja. I can't wait to get those right angle valve stems installed!

The wife and I are going for a ride today (Saturday after we sleep) to grab some lunch. OUT LIKE A LAMB, Finally, a few days of SPRING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some new rubber installed yesterday, and bought new Turn Signals for the rear:

IMG_20130401_174601_zpsb457b627.jpg

Also I saw this in the showroom and started drooling, only $16K.....

20130401_164014_zpsdb130243.jpg

New Puig Dark Smoke Race Screen installed last night. Already feels better over stock for wind buffeting on my 15 mile ride to work this AM. I'll get a pic when I leave this evening.

A day late but I put my bridgestone 023's on with ariete right angle valve stems. Much much better than the stock tires. While I had the back wheel off I also put on my -1+1 supersprox chain and sprocket kit. Rode about 10 miles, can't wait to get the tires scrubbed in good so I can really check out the new gears.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

A day late but I put my bridgestone 023's on with ariete right angle valve stems. Much much better than the stock tires. While I had the back wheel off I also put on my -1+1 supersprox chain and sprocket kit. Rode about 10 miles, can't wait to get the tires scrubbed in good so I can really check out the new gears.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

I loved the 023s.

Good choice... I dont think I could ever own a HD

I agree... although the XR1200 or V-Rod are two I would consider.

So Blazeman, did that old Springer give you the WTF?! look, or did it sort of slowly lower it's headlight as if to say " I know".... :(

You will have many more good times on the FZ I believe :smokin2:

Yesterday I was able to get the oil and oil filter changed in my FZ1 (it was about 5-6k on the old Mobil 1 and looked like it) and the wife's Ninja 250r. I also cleaned and lubed the chains and aired up the tires. I still need to check/replace the air filters. Anything I should do with the radiators/coolant other than check levels and concentration of coolant? Any other spring cleaning chores I should consider?

This is the first time the wee Ninja has had Mobil 1 4T in it. I hope the wife likes and notices the clutch and shifting improvements I noticed with the FZ1. It is just shy of 5000 miles and the initial and first real oil change were done at the dealership. (They were replacing some plastics from a parking lot fall anyway).

How often should I clean the front sprocket? I try to give the rear sprocket a once over with a chain cleaning, but I've never removed the cover to check the front one.

How often should I clean the front sprocket? I try to give the rear sprocket a once over with a chain cleaning, but I've never removed the cover to check the front one.

Has it ever been cleaned before? All the gunk and mess usually congregates up front since it has nowhere to go. The nice thing is you can usually get by using the gasket over again if your careful. It doesn't really hold any liquids or anything. I'd pop it off just to spray some cleaner in there. Heck, everything else is getting cleaned, might as well.

Unfotunately for me, thats how it starts. I remove and clean one thing, then it leads to another and another and before you know it you have a garage full of parts laying around, and a frame and motor staring at you in the face!!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Back