What did you do to your FZ today?

Sadly, I concur :tdown: That's my ride home in the morning instead of my ride to work, but it's still too cold for me :disapproval:

Also, nothing :(

It was 38 on my ride home last night, and I live in the south. Where's that global warming I was promised. I'm going home to spray a bunch of aerosol in the air.

They're Watsen Design (Canada) bit pricey but nice. Get a choice of colors too. Can't be used as running lights though. watsendesign.com

Brake lines are Goodridge Standard layout with 2" extension on the top line for raised bars.

Did some more mods

Fitted Factory Pro Velocity Stacks and did the Lars airbox mod mmmmmm Yeah :) :) :)

Stacks-Headers019.jpg

Stacks-Headers021.jpg

cleaned the bike. Put new rear tire PilotRoad3 on. Adjusted chain slack. Cleaned rear sprocket. Installed rear wheel mudguard. Next to remove rear fender and install LED taillight and LED indicators, together with new plate holder

as clean as I got get the rear sprocket
DSCF6780.jpg

cleaned rear wheel with new MPR3
DSCF6771.jpg

cleaned bike and ready to have the rear wheel refitted
DSCF6769.jpg

The newly arrived rearwheel mudguard from Designbike.com
DSCF6776.jpg

installed mudguard canbe seen here
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/16384-fz1-tail-tidy-versus-mudguard.html

Last edited:
cleaned the bike. Put new rear tire PilotRoad3 on. Adjusted chain slack. Cleaned rear sprocket. Installed rear wheel mudguard. Next to remove rear fender and install LED taillight and LED indicators, together with new plate holder

Which indicators and FE is that?

I'm planning on some led indicators myself :)

:needpics:

:p

I was able to take about a 100 mile ride yesterday (should have been more, but I stopped and talked too long at a local motorcycle shop). Today I was able to ride for about 150 miles with the last 50 being with the wife (she was riding her '09 Ninja 250r). It was great to get them out again.

Of course, I did a stupid... :dontknow: We stopped to get a pictures in a wooded state park of the bikes next to a curvy road sign (those are hard to find in IL). In my rush, I was worrying about traffic coming up behind us, turning on my hazard lights, as the Ninja 250r doesn't have any, and as I went to get off the bike, it just kept leaning, and leaning... yep, no kickstand :retard: I ended up laying it down a gently as I could. I love my frame slider! It got just a touch of rash and the mirror touched down gently, no other damage to the bike, and I found out I can pick it up pretty easily. I received a few scuffs below my right knee (not sure what it hit on)? I should have snapped a pic of the Beast on it's side, but I didn't have the heart (and a small amount of coolant came out). I've been meaning to get some real riding pants, but I'm not an 'off the rack' guy (ie I'm a big fatty). And I need some boots that fit too. I've bought a couple pairs online, but they haven't fit. No shop I can find has any in-stock to try on. :( Oh well. No real harm done. If I ever look to sell it, I'll buy new sliders or just remove them all together. I don't want to have to explain to a potential buyer how I forgot the kickstand. First time I've ever done that and I started riding in 3rd grade! :frown:

Here's a couple of pictures after I stood the Beast back up on the kick stand...
y3y6asep.jpg
7e3epepu.jpg

Last edited:
Parked at a friend's house, went out for a couple of drinks and came back to find somebody had knocked my FZ over...

Bugger had picked it back up onto the side stand and left without so much as leaving a note!!

Scuffs on the left hand side.. Mirror, crash protector, clutch lever, passenger footpeg and grab handle and side stand. Gutted!!

Nice pic, dig the license plate.

Thanks. I had many thoughts on the plate, but they all had FZ1 in them somehow. I liked the idea of the plate not talking about the bike I ride, that should be obvious, but so many people around me have no clue what it is, I guess because it's not an HD or supersport. (although FZ FUN still is my cheezy pick, not that SIC DAY isn't cheezy) I liked the double meaning of "I called in sick to work, but this is what I'm doing" and SIC day as in a great day when I'm on the bike.

Parked at a friend's house, went out for a couple of drinks and came back to find somebody had knocked my FZ over...

Bugger had picked it back up onto the side stand and left without so much as leaving a note!!

Scuffs on the left hand side.. Mirror, crash protector, clutch lever, passenger footpeg and grab handle and side stand. Gutted!!

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. At least I dumped mine myself today. Frame slider did it's job at 0 mph. Of course, I just forgot to put the kickstand down and lowered mine slowly. It doesn't sound like your bike was afforded the same courtesy. I'm sure karma will bite that jerk in the bum.

why did u do that????:wow::wow::eek5::eek5:??????????
f*cking awesome!!!
that marchesini would be PERFECT with gold forks!!!!!!!
also,the GYTR a bit shorter would be perfect!!!
very very beautiful the naked abarth version!!!

:tup::tup:

Last night on my way home from work I dropped my bike at an intersection in front of a bunch of cars.... real smooth. Then I picked up the bike as if I did not spend 3 weeks in the hospital this summer and pulled something in my back.

: oops:

At home today, gonna head down to a physical therapist today to see if he can adjust me some.

As if dropping the thing was not bad enough, being a tool about how I picked her up is even worse.

Made a slip on from a glasspack blank for my wife's bike! I spent too much $$$ blacking mine out so I'm doing her's on the cheap! Probably never be able to find another Micron anyway:shame: LOL.

I swear I'm not sure I don't like the sound of the pack better than the Micron! Sure doesn't look as cool though:

100_4906.jpg

We are going to Arkansas for Thanksgiving, will see how she runs.

100_4908.jpg

100_4909.jpg

Went from this
GEDC0670.JPG

To this
DSCF5775.JPG

Bike still dirty from the last ride so I didn't better pics. I got both brake line holders new from ebay for the price of one from the dealer. Looks a lot better the brake lines without the holder look always bothered me a bit.

Back