What did you do to your FZ today?

How is it running after all the mods???

:jaw drop:

A totally different animal. The midrange seems much more broad now and much stronger. I have a slow urban commute everyday and still I am very pleased with the bump in power even at low rpm. The PC3, BMC filter, fuel line mod, and the fly mod were all done at one time, so I cant really say which mod did what. But there was a huge increase in power. I havent had a chance to play in the top end much but hopefully I can get a good ride in this coming Saturday. I am extremely happy.

I have a 16t front sprocket sitting in my toolbox at work, but Im a little scared to put it in.

Thanks for asking and thanks for all your help on the clutch cable issue. It shifts much better than before.

Matt

Covered for rain

We had our 1st big rain of the year today. I put it under two covers yesterday.

My garage is FILLED with stuff from packing mom's condo for a year sale. The FZ1 missed the comfy garage.

:thinking:

I'm new to my 2006 FZ1, and it's the first bike I've owned in 8 years, so I'm starting slowly. I cleaned the chain with Coleman kerosene poured in a small spray bottle and assisted with a grunge brush, then I lubed it with Champion Chain Lube designed for O-ring chains. I bought all this at Wal Mart and was surprised to see Mobil 1 4T motorcycle oil for sale there at a good price, along with high performance Fram oil filters.
I'm on my way to pick up a socket for the rear axle nut so I can adjust the chain tension. I'm concerned that using a large adjustable wrench on the axle nut offers a high chance of rounding off the edges.
I used lithium spray lube on the clutch and brake lever and sidestand pivot points. While I was working I also cleaned those beautiful black wheels so they shine again.
So, I'm starting with beginner stuff and learning as I go. This is a delightful motorcycle with the exception of seat comfort, so I'm looking forward to my Sargent seats, bought here on the forum, arriving UPS in the next few days.
Thanks for a great site. I'm learning a lot on here.
Don

My Dad used to go off if he saw me using an "Adjustable Wrench" (Shifting Spanner here). I now call them portable hand lathes as they are capable of making any nut round.

I got to ride my FZ1 to work last night. I don't know how many more chances I will have in 2012. I have to sleep through the great weather today, I'd be too dangerous because I'm too tired to ride and tomorrow will start the crappy cooler, rainy weather :( I hate sleeping through a perfect riding day, but it has to happen :doh2:

Rode the bike to work yesterday but thinking will be the last ride of the season as temps in long range forecast are barely above freezing. Yesterday was a cool ride with highs of only plus 3 Cel.

Also having some issues with starting, when bike sits for extended periods and it starts it is getting a miss combined with some back firing till it warms up a bit, I can understand this when bike is parked outside all day in the cold but now it is happening also in my heated garage? I guess might be time to change plugs again.

Last edited:
I was able to finally procure all the parts to replace my generator, including a bearing that finally came in the mail today. Put all of it together and it started right up after sitting since june

Rode the bike to work yesterday but thinking will be the last ride of the season as temps in long range forecast are barely above freezing. Yesterday was a cool ride with highs of only plus 3 Cel.

I feel your pain. It'll barely get into the mid 70s here ( low 20s C. for the rest of the world) next month.:poke:
november.jpg

Last edited:
I took the passenger pegs off one of my old Honda CB350s and mounted them to the lower engine mount bolts for a free set of highway pegs.
They are comfy on long rides, fold up when not in use and the price was right.
I realy need to pull the exhaust off and wash the front of that engine some day.
highwaypegs.jpg

I installed my power commander 3.
Also took the MIVV exhaust off to check if the foam was still in there (it was excessively loud !), sadly it was still filled with foam.
I than modded my db killer hoping to improve the exhaust flow in the higher rpm's.

I ordered a Arrow header and BMC filter yesterday so hoping that will arrive here soon :yes:

Roth AIS block off plates

Just ordered a set of Roth AIS Block Off Plates, figured since I gona have to get to the plugs soon for winter storage I may as well totally remove the AIS while I'm in there.

Outa Gas and no rain so I went to the station and filled with Mid Grade. Then onto the Freeway and opened her UP. Some times just a short 10 mile run is all I need :sport12:

Back