What did you do to your FZ today?

Finally did the flies mod. Tried to do it 3 weeks ago when I cut out the air box, blocked the AIS, gutted the cat, and installed a Yosh slip on and PC V. However, I stripped one of the screws and just kept the flies stock. Ordered some new screws from bolt depot and gave it another shot today. Ended having to drill 3 of them out but it wasn't bad thanks to all of the info I have gathered on this forum. Oh, I also did the fuel line mod. Good God was that a pain to get the 1/4" hose on. But should be good to go. Thanks to everyone who has posted all the pics and how-to's on this forum. It has given me the confidence to do this stuff myself.

Finally stickered up my side boxes!

8018994341_c8dbc60f2a.jpg

Bought some photos of my first track day last weekend. It was a great learning experience!

Will keep this one off the track and get myself another bike I think.

She has an R6 shock but stock forks.

Im going to get a 600 and customise some better bars that are suited to my bad shoulder to race with.

FZ1 was too comfy to push hard!

lolup

not bad, but I'm going to experiment with some different mufflers. At idle it reminds me of a single chamber flowmaster. When you open it up it Snarls like it's angry. But is strangely guiet cruising at 4,000 RPM.

Put on a set of PR3's...

I think you'll like them. I've had them for about 5000 miles and the rear is showing some wear, but not bad. They've had plenty of grip for me. The rear 'steps out' rarely, but never feels out of control.

As for rain and wet, they are awesome. I never intend to ride in the rain, but I got caught in the rain on the way to work one day (damn weather.com lied to me) and I was trying to stay as dry as possible. I started riding fast and tucked down. I didn't realize it, but I found myself approaching triple digits! :jaw drop: I know... stupid... I didn't intend to do it, really! It felt planted the whole time. I again got caught in the rain on my anniversary trip with my wife. I didn't ride hard (it was the wife's first time riding on wet roads, and she was extra timid on the Ninja 250r). Traction was never an issue. I could fully concentrate on being uncomfortable! ;)

Well, it wasn't today, but in the last couple weeks, I took a trip with the wife and got caught in the rain, so the bikes with dirty, filthy. I washed and waxed both bikes. We took another short ride a few days ago and almost got caught in the rain again, but lucked out this time. I cleaned and lubed my chain, but I didn't get to my wife's chain yet. I needed her to go warm it up, but I didn't have time after our other ride.

The bikes have full tanks with Stabil in them and on the battery tenders, but I plug them in after every ride. I fully expect to run through more tanks of gas before the end of the year, but if I don't get the chance, they are as winterized as they will get.

Did spot repair on my tank today. Got paint from sherwin williams along with some other things. Fixed the dings with some body filler, primed and painted. Just finished with 5 coats. I will give it 24 hours to settle then shoot the clear.

whilst waiting for my pr3 / rear wheel bearings /spindle I had chance to get in under the rear and give the inside of the rear arm /chain guard a good degreasing

Killed many little bugs on Mountain ride this week so wash job this morning then off to fill it up. Gas $$ is going up WTF :cuss:

Noticed the top spring on the Slip on had broke. I had 1 left of that size in the ATV tool box. Guess I'll have to get a few more now.

Back