What did you do to your FZ today?

I just noticed that my bike crossed the 10,000 mile mark. :yes: I had the tripometer displayed (much more accurate than the fuel gauge for knowing when it's close to refueling time, but I'm learning that the fuel gauge, like most, drops very slow at full tank, but very fast near end of tank).

Anyway, I switched back to the odometer because I knew I was getting close to 10,000 miles, but I was already at 10,153. Oh well. I kinda wanted to watch it change. :nerd:

I'm no mile eater, but it's still a milestone of sorts. Considering I got it used in October 2010 and it only had 1,6xx miles on it, I'll be excited when I get 11,6xx miles. Then I'll know I personally have 10,000 miles on the Beast. :cheers:

Finished installing some parts I had powdercoated. Rearsets, axle blocks, rear sprocket & exhaust hanger I made. Went with texture black on the rearsets and pegs; damn close match to the frame coating, used gloss on the brake and shift levers, rearset plates, shifter rod and rear sprocket. Now to the front!

100_4886.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4881.jpg

Finished installing some parts I had powdercoated. Rearsets, axle blocks, rear sprocket & exhaust hanger I made. Went with texture black on the rearsets and pegs; damn close match to the frame coating, used gloss on the brake and shift levers, rearset plates, shifter rod and rear sprocket. Now to the front!

100_4886.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4881.jpg

Now thats what I call murdered out!!!!

I just hit 3100 miles on the way home from work last night.

Congrats. :tup: I've been able to commute to work on the bike for the past 2 weeks. It's about 55-60 miles round trip. I can go to work and home 2x's before a fill up. It's not the most fun ride, but it's better than doing it in a cage and using up more gas. The miles add up. Just keep those miles coming, fun and safe!

Put in my PCIII, and pulled the flies out! What a difference, more mid range power but best of all it got rid of that terrible 4-5.5K front fairing buzz! Also wired up a sygnal dynamics headlight modulator. After a very close call with a cage that "didn't see me" I decided it was time. And i finally put my Throttlemiester on from my old wee-strom. Good week in the garage now I'm ready for some great races at the fastest dirt track around!
(watching not racing obviously)

Just finished installing the Signal Dynamics Heads-Up Voltage Monitor. It's a tri-color LED that has five states (see the web site for more details). Ended up drilling a 1/4" hole in my left inner panel and mounting the LED just to the left of the speedometer. I work slowly, and it took me about an hour, not including a trip to the electronics store to pick up a bezel, since apparently I lost the one that came with the unit.

I charge my phone and added heated grips this Spring. Since I purchased a Powerlet RapidFire heated jacket, I thought it would be money well spent to make sure that the charging system was keeping up.

In a brief test (in my garage), I had my phone plugged in, grips on high, and jacket on high. The light was blinking red with the bike turned on but not started. It went to steady red at idle, to amber at about 1500 RPM, then steady green (12.9-15.4V) once the RPMs were over 2500.

I rode 650 miles, the entire length of Wisconsin up to Lake Superior and back.
The trip up was cold rainy and windy but I was on the FZ so it was all good.

That was the longest trip I have done in about 20 years.

since I no longer have the 09 I picked up an 07 fz1 not long ago and this morning did the first oil change after 600 miles, hopefully my parts show up so I can mod it up like I did the 09 but even more this time haha

Back