What did you do to your FZ today?

Retro

484585_10151030796248800_916766038_n.jpg

admired a cracking paint job

Reminds me of the 1981 RD 400 paint scheme. Nice.

Did my usual Friday commute on the FZ1 this morning. It was fantastic. Not a soul at all on the 45 HOV lane in to downtown and I could go as fast as I wanted. Only down side is I got to work really fast.

Converted to 5000k 35w HID's, Flush mount turn sigs (stock stalks are really cheap looking) and I converted the euro running light holes next to the headlights to hi-power amber LED turn sigs. Brought a 12ga. wire up from the battery for the HID's and to power the next project: Stebel mini-nautilus airhorn which I need to fab up a bracket for and I may make a few extra.

I Plasti-Dipped my passenger peg brackets. Not sure how long it will hold up but definitely looks better black and the color is a perfect match. I just wish I had better luck painting aluminum. I guess this is a quick, cheap, temporary alternative. I also did the heal guards for the h*ll of it, I know that wont last long.

20120819_185003.jpg

I Plasti-Dipped my passenger peg brackets. Not sure how long it will hold up but definitely looks better black and the color is a perfect match. I just wish I had better luck painting aluminum. I guess this is a quick, cheap, temporary alternative. I also did the heal guards for the h*ll of it, I know that wont last long.

20120819_185003.jpg

Looks great! Where do you get that stuff from? I was looking for that the other day. My buddy and I made a concrete anchor for his small boat and we want to coat it with that stuff. Any info would be great.

Back