What did you do to your FZ today?

My throttle bodies have 16K on them now and I synched them at 14.. They didn't need any adjustment. So by sync I mean just hook up and check.

But I think carbs are a little more sensitive than the TB's.

This will do until I get what I want

Actually did this yesterday. I Plastic-Dip my rear set and added the CB insert. I don't like the silver at all. So this will do while I save for my Graves rear set. I like to to say thanks for to all of you for giving me ideas and inspirations to make my FZ1 my own. Thanks!

Hammer, that looks awesome. If it holds up that'll be one awesome cheap mod.

I put on my Two Brothers Black Series exhaust today. I really like the sound. The weight savings is dramatic. I was going to gut the cat, but I chickened out. I was nervous about drilling and cutting on the bike.

Matt

Do you usualy find them far out of sync? I haven't looked at mine in years. I didn't think it was something that changed once set correctly.
Not far out but once it's done the bike runs sooo smooth I always wonder if I should've done it sooner. I have these

0000-Emgo-Carburetor-Synchronizer---.jpg

and spent more time making sure they were correct than I did actually syncing the carbs. Only paid $35 for them may upgrade at some point.

I took my nephew for a ride this evening. He wanted to feel the recent changes I've made. He said it felt smoother to him but I think he was just humoring me.

His added weight made me realize how firm my rear shock felt without him since I lost the weight. Guess I need to adjust my shock to soften it up a lot.

I did the fuel filler neck mod. (for easier toppping off). Picked up a magnetic drain plug on the way to work today to be installed at my next oil change (due now) and a couple of dyas ago I removed my ignition avancer and filed it for a full 4 degrees of advance (.030" instead of .020") I'm thrilled with the low RPM perfomance improvement. I hope I kept the fuel economy gain I'd picked up with the 2.6 degree ignition advance.

Actually did this last night/this morning...
Installed modded flies
Oil change (Castrol w/K&N filter)
Modded Air Box
Installed K&N Air filter
Installed Ivan's Fuel Cut Eliminator
Installed Speedo DRD
Removed Center Stand
Lubed Chain

Installed Fren Tubo brake lines and discovered I only had one bolt holding the brake lines to the lower triple making it hard to remove the lines. Once I put a second bolt in, they came off no problem. However the energy wasted trying to get them off with just the one bolt caused me to leave the garage without bleeding the front brakes. I had no issues on the rear but it could probably be bled again too. Guess we know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Back