What did you do to your FZ today?

Took a nice laid back ride here are some pics.

d61d44b5.jpg

079628e0.jpg

7c7b0e59.jpg

My 09 N model got it's usual thorough clean after my last 325km day ride. My new race stand really helped with polishing the rim and chain care. Still looks in showroom condition. Great pics from ethandf06 - very,very nice S to N conversion!! Cheers.

Got new tires (Dunlop Roadsmart 2) mounted and balanced along with some angled valve stems:
attachment.php

Rear Chinese wave rotor with ss bolts:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Front Galfer rotors (used, but like new) along with ss bolts:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I just have to put it all back together, but I'm waiting on some rim stripes. Might as well put them on while the wheels are off the bike so it will be easier.

Also new EBC HH pads going on in the front along with EBC Kevlar pads in the rear.

Oh and I don't know why people have had so much trouble removing the stock rotor bolts. Granted I used a new Torx T40 bit, but I didn't have to use any heat or an impact driver. They just came right out and yes they did have the factory thread lock on them...

I'am very jealous of those front rotors!

They do look very impressive when mounted on the wheels and I'm sure they'll stop just fine :D

I have a set on my YZF1000 and they are great. Keep an eye out on eBay. They come up for sale occasionally at a very reasonable price and since you have the R1 front end on there you should have even more chances of scoring a set.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the Roadsmart II when you get some miles on them. :)

Will do. I suspect that they will be great tires, but with the front being so rounded it may slow the steering a bit (not a huge concern for me). I plan to raise the front forks by 5mm to compensate a little. Plus the rear Penske is about 10mm longer than stock so I suspect the handling will be fine.

The stock Pilot Roads were 6 years old and I no longer felt confident pushing the bike with them...

I think come winter, it will be down to those or the Pilot Road 3. I've heard good things about both and it might just wind up coming down to price in the end

Looking forward to your review :)

Last edited:
I think come winter, it will be down to those or the Pilot Road 3. I've heard good things about both and it might just wind up coming down to price in the end

Looking forward to your review :)

My take...either one are great sport touring tires and I doubt you would be disappointed with either. Dunlops will be a little cheaper, but I doubt enough to make that the deciding factor. From what I've read...PR 3 have the edge in the wet and the Roadsmart II have the edge in the dry. Will let you know what I think of them.

Made my own Billet Givi Monokey Rack

I built this billet aluminum cargo rack for my fz1, I plan on selling them soon but I am still working on the final product. Here is what I have so far
(I am a Cad/Cam designer, machinist and do small scale anodizing)
jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3059-fz1-rack4.jpg

jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3058-fz1-rack1.jpg

jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3061-fz1-rack3.jpg

Send me a PM for any questions, and I have a couple more pictures and several pictures of the prototype in my albums.

Installed Mirror Block offs and Bar End Mirrors

Recieved and installed JDA Customs Mirror Block Off Plates

001-7.jpg

002-8.jpg

To go with my Bar End Mirrors

004-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

Color goes well with the Retro but I would get them without engraving (its cheesy)

006-4.jpg

I built this billet aluminum cargo rack for my fz1, I plan on selling them soon but I am still working on the final product. Here is what I have so far
(I am a Cad/Cam designer, machinist and do small scale anodizing)
jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3059-fz1-rack4.jpg

jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3058-fz1-rack1.jpg

jscaggs-albums-billet-cargo-rack-givi-monokey-ready-picture3061-fz1-rack3.jpg

Send me a PM for any questions, and I have a couple more pictures and several pictures of the prototype in my albums.

Supercool! I am interested in knowing the sturdiness mounting wise.

Back