What did you do to your FZ today?

Had ignition barrel repaired. by a local lock smith(very sticky)
Fitted gel seat
I may have a blu.blk power bronze seat for sale in a1 condition. drop me a pm if intereted uk only,

Requested picture....

4257570c-177e-e3eb.jpg

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Just finished installing my Holeshot AIS block off. Man it was hot out. sweating my balls off. Anyway, it looks a ton cleaner under the fuel tank and saved about 3 lbs.... lol. I can't test drive to see if it takes care of some of the popping til tomorrow.

Between yesterday and today: Removed AIS, Installed Powderkeg performance AIS blockoff plates, modified the airbox, installed K&N air filter, installed PCV with "Stage 3 Smoothed rev01.djm" (Whittlebeast Averaged and Smoothed Map for Stage 3), synchronized the Throttle Bodies using the Carbtune II.
The TB sync eliminated my vibration issue I've had since the last oil change. I need to get an FCE - the power isn't immediate when romping on the throttle at low RPM, even with the PCV. Big improvement in responsiveness above 4k and it sounds mean with the opened up airbox

I installed my CD screen, led's, fender eliminator, and adjustable levers. The only thing left now is to figure out how to install my bar end mirrors. I think I need to slide the switch housings in to make room for the mirrors to clamp onto the bar ends.

What kind of wind screen is that model# how much?

Well, the rebuild begins!
Removed the whole front end and discovered bent forks, triple tree, top bridge, Rizoma riser bolt and a broken bottom bearing race! Nasty stuff
Next Sunday it all goes back together with replacement parts ;-)

For the tear down, employed the services of two mates skilled in lighting and coffee drinking. Made for a good team

Pics to come

Last edited:
Got the chance to ride to work today after the silicon sealant from my AIS removal had time to dry over night. It took care of just about all popping and backfires and so forth that i had. Love it! It looks very clean now too. easy access to clean the top of the engine.

Got my Penske 8393 by Traxxion, installed and had the Forks rebuilt with Racetech inners at KFG Racing. Had KFG put Diablo Rosso Corso's on. Expect a phone tomorrow to come pick it up and have Suspension dailed in with me on the FZ. Should be a whole new ride...... going from stock set-up.....

:yes:

Took the rear tire off to patch it using a patch plug. Instead of doing that, I finally addressed the damage to my swingarm from when the chain came off last year. Got it clean, got it smooth, and put some flat black paint on it that has that rust preventative stuff in it.

Tomorrow, I'll address the tire.

Got my Penske 8393 by Traxxion, installed and had the Forks rebuilt with Racetech inners at KFG Racing. Had KFG put Diablo Rosso Corso's on. Expect a phone tomorrow to come pick it up and have Suspension dailed in with me on the FZ. Should be a whole new ride...... going from stock set-up.....

:yes:

Yes it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought oil, coolant mix, turtle wax and other bits and bobs.

Plan on removing the radiator to remove ais and carb coolant mod this weekend. Just need to get to the hose shop to find me some plugs for the radiator.

Awaiting the flo stainless filter to put in a new batch of castrol gps1.

Will also bleed the brakes with new oil, Install k+n air filter and sync the carbs with my new morgan carbtune, might even have time to run the new oil in!

It rides like the previous owner took care of it but i want to do all this for peace of mind. Cant wait!

Just hit 2000 miles on the bike.
Drove it to work every day this week.
It has been so long since I did not take the bike to work I don't remember the last time I did not take it.
That is a good thing, but we are having a Texas sized drought here.

Back