What did you do to your FZ today?

I was going to wash it but instead I swapped out the lower vx risers for the OEM gen1s.

With VX risers:
GEDC0451.JPG

With the Gen1 Risers:
IMG_20120616_163715.jpg

IMG_20120616_163705.jpg

Guess I'll wash it and lube the chain later or tomorrow.

Airbox mod and gutted the cat

New to the thread, just picked up a stock 06 FZ1 with 8,000 miles! I love the bike! I enjoy modifying and customizing my bike to fit me, that's why I wanted a stock bike which is hard to find in the 06 and I see why. These things are a breeze to work on. Today I decided to replace my airfilter with a K&N and block off the AIS. After getting in there and seeing the airbox it was a no-brainer to open it up and let it breath. I thought if it can breath in better it should breath out better too so I also gutted the lower cat. All I can say is WOW! What a difference! It has better throttle controll, better sound and NO back popping. For the price of a air filter and a little DIY you can really make a difference in your bike. After a LOT of forum reading I also used "Lee's" custom suspension adjustments for my riding weight of Roughly 200lbs. I will share them below and maybe save someone all the reading I did. It has a HUGE difference from the factory feel. No more thinking about it just riding it! I plan on replacing the seat next if anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated, thanks.

Since I purchased the bike last month I have done the following:
1" up 1.25" out hanlebar Risers
Shorty adjustable levers
Puig CF windscreen
SS Braided brake lines
Flush mount front blinkers with POD signals
Integrated rear LED taillight with scrolling signals
Fender Eliminator
Shogun CF sliders
Shogun handlebar ends
Gel Grips
Scorpian CF slip-on exhaust
Suspension adjustment: 3 preload rings showing*
8 clicks out rebound
11 out compression
Rear shock #2 preload
6 clicks out rebound*

I installed my CD screen, led's, fender eliminator, and adjustable levers. The only thing left now is to figure out how to install my bar end mirrors. I think I need to slide the switch housings in to make room for the mirrors to clamp onto the bar ends.

Went out for breakfast and morning ride and got caught in unexpected rain storm, one of those where it is just wet enough to slop everything up, then it cleared up and then on way home got stuck in road repaving project...fresh tar and crushed rock is not a happy combination, slippery and messy. Signs on road said 'Flagger Ahead' so proceeded on slower pace looking for the guy. No flagger, and then I'm into gravel with two dump trucks laying gravel blocking the road, *#%@. Where the hell was the flagger?? So the last two hours were spent washing and detailing the bike and giving everything the once over to make sure all fasteners and fittings are tight. While on the ground I polished the headers with Simichrome and put a coat of wax on the wheels. Looks as good as new now.

Put on some T-Rex frame sliders, grip puppies and washed it... now after 6 days of ownership I discover...hey...this bike has no passenger pegs..PO had cut them off...:dontknow:

Back