What are you favorite gloves for the fall and winter?

joker80

I'm looking to buy a new set of gloves for the cooler weather that is quickly moving in. How about a few recommendations from yall. I'm looking for a pair that is good for temp's in the 50's to the upper 30's deg F.

I haven't found a good cold weather glove yet that is motorcycle specific. So, I use snowmobile gloves. If it is REALLY cold, I have a pair of wind/waterproof covers that I put on over the gloves and the combo works great.

I have a pair of those Joe Rocket rush gloves that I just bought. They are comfortable and warm, but Are Not the greatest when shifting and breaking, It's hard to get a good feel of the throttle as well. Overall they are good I guess, I may be having problems with them because I don't have long fingers and now the clutch and break are harder to reach and control. They would be great for cruising, but not so much for short..many gear changing and braking type of rides.

I got a pair of Alpine stars SR-2 drystar gloves and they are nice. The day I got them they got tested. When I left work it was raining and about 40 deg F. My hands were warm and dry all the way home. The only downer i can find is that they are a little thick so feeling the controls will take some getting use to. They are cold weather gloves so that was expected.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/37/10535/ITEM/Alpinestars-SR-2-Drystar-Gloves.aspx

I just bought Gerbing Leather heated gloves. I believe I can now ride in the Antarctic. That's where the Penguins are right?

Do you like them? If it's not raining or snowing, I ride--even in single digit temps. My used bike came with a DC outlet (installed on the left side inner fairing) that I was told was there for the purpose of a heated vest. I'd love to have some warmer gloves (mine cost me $65 but are still not warm enough) but wasn't sure how they connected or if the dangling cords are a nuisance. How do they connect, if you don't mind explaining?

I’ve had a lot of different gloves, but none have been good enough to keep my hands warm. Even with gloves I have to warm my hands on the cylinder head. I take turns. I warm the left hand for a while, then I pull in the clutch to warm the right hand while the bike is coasting. I guess if I had cruise control it would be easier to warm the right hand. :D

Cortech Scarab winter gloves work great for me here in Boise.

Cortech :: Gloves :: Scarab Winter Glove

Thanks, I just ordered mine today. They got good reviews on the site where I purchased them from. I will also pick up some liners as well for when it really gets cold. I got a good price plus I had some "bandit bucks" that I used. I'll let everyone know what I think once I give them a good testing.

Glad you're buying gear Norm, and not still thinking of trading out for a cage!!! :D

Thanks Eric. It's funny you mentioned that. I've put on almost another thousand miles since we got back from the trip and I decided this past week there's no way I can give this thing up. I'm hooked for life. Sorry for the off-topic everyone. (I also bought a heated vest,:stunta]:)

Do you like them? If it's not raining or snowing, I ride--even in single digit temps. My used bike came with a DC outlet (installed on the left side inner fairing) that I was told was there for the purpose of a heated vest. I'd love to have some warmer gloves (mine cost me $65 but are still not warm enough) but wasn't sure how they connected or if the dangling cords are a nuisance. How do they connect, if you don't mind explaining?

I love them! They're expensive at about 129-139$ and the wires are well thought out. You can connect to your DC outlet and then the wires are shaped like a "Y" that goes through your jacket and out your sleeves. If you buy the vest you connect to the vest and the vest connects to the gloves.

Check out this link, it should explain how the gloves hook up. http://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcycle-clothing/gerbing-heated-clothing/jacket-liner.htm
I got the link from one of ADMIN's postings. If you scroll down you will see how the plug-ins come out of pockets on the sleeves.

Last edited:
I got the Cortech Scarab Winter gloves while I was at work today. I also have been sick as a dog the last two days. I have no luck this year. This time it's definitely a bad cold or Flu. I came down with really bad chills this afternoon which caused me to leave early for the comfort of my bed. I won't give my impressions since I was feeling like an icicle, and was cold everywhere from head to toe. I will only say that I certainly hope that it was in fact the chills that had me cold because my hands were freezing on the way home! I'll have to wait until I'm better to give an honest report. Hopefully that will be soon!

Back