What are the true Dyno results

Not sure where you get your "down 20/30ftlb" numbers. Don't have a figure for a stock FZ1 torque output, but a full package one makes a bit over 75ftlbs. Most liter supersports make about that but at a bit higher RPM. A tuned and piped S1000RR will make closer to 80ftlbs but again at a higher RPM. These supersports are lighter and obviously faster bikes but they are most certainly not up 20/30ftlbs of torque on a tuned GenII.

you're right, my numbers were off, shoulda said 10-20.

ss 600's, 40-55ft lbs
fz1's 60-75ft lbs
ss 1000's 75-95ft lbs

i guess i shoulda said 10-20, i did math wrong in my head when typing a quick response. it may not sound like much but 10ft lbs makes a difference, especially when 1000's are already making more tq before the fz1s peak tq hits at 7500

for example, my zx10r hits my fz1's peak torque over 1500rpms sooner and climbs and is 7ft lbs higher when the fz1 peaks, where the fz1's level out once they hit peak torque. it makes a huge difference when riding even though it may not sound like much.

This is my first running bike, so after two years of ownership, IT"S a blast. I am very conservative (rarely ever take my 08 above 6k), but when I have had too, it was A RUSH.

it is a blast, love mine to death, no other street bike could replace my fz1, its almost a perfect bike for what it is.

I still don't know where you are coming up with your numbers. Just about the max torque I have seen from a modern 1000c streetable supersport is right around 80ft/lbs. That is for tuned bikes with flashes and aftermarket exhausts. What 1000c bike inline four is making 95ftlbs of torque??

Best I can tell a well tuned gen II might be down 5-7ftlbs on a well tuned supersport.

My FZ1 is putting out a max 104 Nm (77 Ft Lb) on the last dyno test which was on a bad day for tuning (hot & dry conditions). I have the graphs with stock v slip on mod v full exhaust mod if you want to see them.

I run my own motorbike dyno tuning shop here in Adelaide, Australia. (www.JDRperformance.com.au)

We can eliminate "dishonest operator" as I have never and would never fudge dyno results to get a different reading. I honestly don't see the point in it.

I'm using a top of the line Mainline Dynolog Dynamometer which I purchased early this year for about double the price of a Dynojet dyno (It was worth it for the accuracy, features and repeatability).

Below is a screenshot of my graph for the FZ1. The solid lines show Power and the dashed lines show torque. The grey lines are when the bike was completely 100% stock and the black lines are as it is now with the mods listed in my signature.

Untitled-1.jpg

I run my own motorbike dyno tuning shop here in Adelaide, Australia. (www.JDRperformance.com.au)

We can eliminate "dishonest operator" as I have never and would never fudge dyno results to get a different reading. I honestly don't see the point in it.

I'm using a top of the line Mainline Dynolog Dynamometer which I purchased early this year for about double the price of a Dynojet dyno (It was worth it for the accuracy, features and repeatability).

Below is a screenshot of my graph for the FZ1. The solid lines show Power and the dashed lines show torque. The grey lines are when the bike was completely 100% stock and the black lines are as it is now with the mods listed in my signature.

View attachment 20460

awesome set up bike!

Zowne says "I run my own motorbike dyno tuning shop here in Adelaide, Australia. (www.JDRperformance.com.au)

Below is a screenshot of my graph for the FZ1. The solid lines show Power and the dashed lines show torque. The grey lines are when the bike was completely 100% stock and the black lines are as it is now with the mods listed in my signature."

Not doubting your honesty in any way but your new dyno appears to be producing relatively low numbers for a GenII with the mods in your signature. Comparing dyno numbers is of course highly problematic yet we tend to do it any way:) I would guess that a Dynojet unit would have read a good bit higher. . . I have seen a good number of dyno charts for the GenII and ones with the full exhaust, proper PC map, intake mods etc are averaging close to 150 hp and 75+ ft lbs. Your modded bikes torque readings(87nm) converts to less the 65ftlbs which is QUITE low. . . . Is this typical of your type of dyno, or were your atmospheric conditions really poor and or uncorrected for?

Last edited:
Hey Eurban,

No, you are correct. The numbers are low when comparing to dynojet numbers. The Mainline dyno's have always read lower than Dynojet. The guys from Mainline insist that their readings are correct. Apparently when Dynojet first started making dyno's their readings were higher than the other brands to which they said "People like to see higher numbers". Obviously it was true as now nearly every motorbike tuning shop across the world has a Dynojet dyno.

Either way, as you have said, it isn't reliable to compare readings between different dynos. I attached the image showing both stock and modded graphs so everyone could see the difference between the two.

Back