What are the odds?

With Honda dropping the brand new CB1000 and the positive response to the FZ8, what do you think the odds are we will be able to buy an FZ1N from a dealership in North America anytime soon?

Pretty good. But I think we'll see an all new FZ1 for 2012. They have a single silver bike out for this year and the FZ8 is using almost all of the core parts of the FZ1. All signs that the FZ1 will change for next year. At the same time, I think the R1 will change and the FZ1 of new just might inherit the cross-plane because the R1 will have yet again, the newest and best.

I get the impression that the FZ1 will be staying the way it is for a couple of years yet.
I don't think Yamaha have the money to be putting into the FZ1 when they're going to be more concerned about the better selling R6 and R1.
Hopefully I'm wrong but time will tell.

On another point, I'm not sure I'll be buying Yamaha again after seeing their latest prices. The FZ1n has gone up to £10,000 this year and the R1 has gone up to £13,400! Not bad for a bike that was £9,500 when it launched 18 months ago.

I can't see Yamaha selling much this year in the UK at all.

It's hard to tell exactly what Yamaha hs in store for next year. The European manufacturers have been putting the heat on in several avenues including electronic traction control and they pretty much are way ahead in that category. All hou have to do is look at Aprilia and BMW and you'll see they haven't been asleep at the wheel. The Japanese brands for the most part have been trying to overcome the week economy worldwide. Suzuki has really cut back on what we'll be seeing in the U.S. for models and from what I've seen on other forums, the riders are changing their preferences as well. I do think that there could be a bunch of new "standards" coming out in the next couple years if the manufacturers can bring out some good solid bikes that the olders riders can associate with. Even Ducati has done some serious work on their lineup. Some like it, some don't, but they are changing their offerings to feel out the buyers.

A B S is the perfect braking system if you have the perfect conditions,far from perfect conditions around these parts.a wr450 is ideal for some of our roads.:shame::shame::shame:

Back