Went for economy this time around.

Not lowering the truck. This things going to see snow, and I need some ground clearance.

Etroze, yeah. I forgot to mention that I am doing a valve body over the winter as they are inexpensive but make a GIANT difference.

Since my block is a 95, its a roller block. Its using a flat tappet cam right now but I own all the parts to convert over to full roller. Will be doing that when I change out the heads and cam. Should be a fun project just going to take a whole lot longer than my bike.

What I did to my bike was dirt cheap compared to this stuff. Sucks!

Yeah its a spendy hobby, I think I spent like 1500 bucks on the rebuild with a hotter cam and new intake. I did the valve work on the heads so that was money in my pocket. Best thing you can do is make friends with a machine shop and do a full rebuild if you are going to run nitious IMHO. Thats the way I would go cause it sucks when you put a rod through the block and have to start searching for a new one. I have subscribed and will be watching intently lol good luck buddy

Damn..."not going to do too much"...then list all those mods to it. And, you needed a more fuel efficient ride? What the hell kind of mileage were you getting in your Jeep? 5 gallons/mile?!?!

When I got my car, I didn't do much to it...as in window tint, air intake, and drive that thing! That list of mods is f---ing long!

Nice truck, BTW! It looks great! :cowboy:

Well for me this really is not "Doing much". The amount of things I want to do vs what I will do is insane. I don't have the coin to push her into the 10's right now so I am going to settle with 13's for next year anyways.

The title was more of a sarcastic comment. Me and "Dustin" had gone back and forth a while ago about how much I dont give a damn about bad gas mileage etc. LOL

This thing pulls around 12 mpg. The Cherokee did about the same, sometimes worse. Had to bury my foot a lot more with that one to get it to move where as this one can go pretty good without having to floor it.

I can't believe I just saw this post! I just now, came from Craigslist where I was looking at Ford Ranger Pick-ups, I swear! Too funny!!! Someone came to the job today with an early 2,000's Ford Ranger with the regular cab and long bed. I'd be able to bolt in a wheel chock up front and take my bike anywhere I wanted without having to rent trailers and such.

Hey Geno, what ever happened to the 351 Cleveland's??? I remember back in the day, nobody wanted the Windsors, but now thats all I see. I'm wondering what the differences were between the two?

Windsor and Modified were both small blocks the Clever was a big block.

Not lowering the truck. This things going to see snow, and I need some ground clearance.

Etroze, yeah. I forgot to mention that I am doing a valve body over the winter as they are inexpensive but make a GIANT difference.

Since my block is a 95, its a roller block. Its using a flat tappet cam right now but I own all the parts to convert over to full roller. Will be doing that when I change out the heads and cam. Should be a fun project just going to take a whole lot longer than my bike.

What I did to my bike was dirt cheap compared to this stuff. Sucks!

Like the tires you are running are going to get that truck through the snow:box: Hope you have AAA

Well for me this really is not "Doing much". The amount of things I want to do vs what I will do is insane. I don't have the coin to push her into the 10's right now so I am going to settle with 13's for next year anyways.

The title was more of a sarcastic comment. Me and "Dustin" had gone back and forth a while ago about how much I dont give a damn about bad gas mileage etc. LOL

This thing pulls around 12 mpg. The Cherokee did about the same, sometimes worse. Had to bury my foot a lot more with that one to get it to move where as this one can go pretty good without having to floor it.

okay... my sarcasm detector was turned off yesterday. :Rockon:

Enjoy it. I sure did enjoy them when they first came out...then they made it better, and better...then they just stopped.

Back