well im back.(crashed the busa)

mwilkins21

As most of you know i bought a new hayabusa a few months back and well lets just say the thing was a MONSTER!!! so a few days ago i pulled onto the highway and cracked the throttle and next thing i know im waking up in the road and cant move my legs! well after a visit to the hospital a thrashed hayabusa and a ruined shoulder im home. im selling the busa asap it just needs a few cosmetics and paint and its good to go but i learned the hard way so im back to toying with my fz :) i realized 1000cc is enough for me at this time and so im going to ride the fz and just enjoy life

Wow! Glad to hear you're going to be OK and still able to ride! That's a hard way to learn a lesson though. No idea what the cause was? Just too much throttle? Sand, gravel?

Kudos for owning up and admitting this, not only the crash but realizing there's more to life than the Busa can offer. :D

At least your okay and still around to tell the story. Everyone always says that it could have been worse but it's the truth. Happy to see that you'll be riding again soon. Some people aren't that fortunate. Just remember that it could happen on any class bike, even the FZ. Easy on the throttle hand next time bud!

Worry first about getting back to 100%. Your lucky to be so well.
I hope fro a full recovery and as said. It can happen on any bike.

Dress for the crash not the ride.

No memory of what happened? Possible popped the back out, but don't think that would knock ya out. Looping possible.

What needs to be fixed on the bike?

well what happened i think is when i cracked it open it spun 90 degrees and caught traction and threw me. i was knocked out for awhile so i dont remember it well but the bike is ok i guess it needs mirrors,windshield,pegs,exhaust,front right fairing and a paint job and itll be good to go im trying to sell it as is now cheap but ill fix it if it dont sell soon. as for my shoulder i tore my rotor cup so its taking forever to heal i go to physical theropy in a week and hopefully ill be riding right when spring rolls around. i loved the busa and it was so comfy but it was like trying to ride godzilla evertime you gave it gas lol so hopefully the mod list on the fz this year will grow and ill be safer and smarter this time round. whats weird is it was the first time i actually rode with all the gear, jacket, gloves, helmet but i did have jeans on so my knees got rash but if not for the helmet my face would be f'd up from the looks of the helmet. thanks for the support guys. i look forward to more riding and post on the fz community

bro, you didn't crack in on, but whacked it on.

With the 48 sprocket, I only crack on the throttle, unless I'm running hawt, which takes me a while, and never in the city.

I'd fix the bike and keep it. It's a great bike and handles great too, from what I hear. Just a little rider error, not the bike.

A friend of mine, who I started ridding with in '78 (yes, 1978!) recently rode a ZX-14 from the shop---this guy OWNS the shop and has about 15 bikes, mostly Duc's & new KTM's . . . and he said the bike was SCARY!!! It accelerated SO HARD, that he was arriving into corners WAY faster then he EXPECTED! He said he'll stick w/normalacy!

All too familiar story - respect the power

1st - Glad to hear you lived to sell the Busa
2nd - thats an all to familiar story - anytime your on a bike and "clown" around someone usually gets hurt - sorry you learned the hard way...but I think most of us have at some point - or the ones that havent yet - probabaly will..
last yr a family friends son lost his leg on a bike - clowning

I also have a mate that drag races a busa, so does his Dad - his Dad flipped the bike taking off and broke his collar bone - with power, respect should come and we all get comfortable with power - the FZ is no lay about either and should be respected..
For you Moms and Dads out there - the best thing you can do is give your kids mini bikes or dirt bikes where they can learn the hard way at low speeds and on something softer than pavement - I really think if we Motorcyclist parents did this we could save a lot of "kids" the heart ache and pain assosciated with clowning. anyway I know I am preaching to the choir - just glad you were not a fatality and live to ride another day..

I completely understand how you feel! My Busa is crazy powerful and I have to remind myself of that every time I throw my leg over her!

I left the gym behind a coworker and was going to give him a one wheel salute... well, the tire was cold spun up, walked to rear end out, grabbed then stood straight up, rear brake brought it down, had to do to emergency braking to make the stop sign which turned into a stoppie. I went from being a dumbass and trying to look cool to pucker factor 1 million in under 5 seconds!

Be safe, heal up and I am glad you are hear to tell your story!

yeah im recovering good so far just still shoulder pain like crazy but i guess the bike is alot worse than i first though now that i claimed it on insurance they are probably going to total it!! i can see 3 grand in fixes at a glance so idk what theyll do yet. maybe theyll give me a fat check and i can pay it off and add to the fz idk i would be happy with just paying it off or gettin it fixed and selling it. ill know in a day or so what the verdict is. no more busa insurance i know thats for sure they are pissed lol

Back