Well I finally pulled the trigger and I pulled it HARD!!!

As some of you know I had to sell my FZ1 last year do to divorce and that I have been planning on buying a new 2012 sometime this year to start the rebuild process of my baby. Well I went out to my dealer today. Oh man I should learn not to test ride things!! LOL

So I will be picking up the checks from the CU tomorrow............yes I said checks.

Instead of picking up a 2012 FZ1 I will be picking up a NEW 2009 FZ1 holdover and a NEW 2010 Yamaha Raider S holdover. :evillaugh:

2009-Yamaha-FZ1-blue.jpg

Yamaha-Raider-S_2012_1600x1200_06.jpg

Wow!! Wow!!! Double Wow!!!! Holy Crap Bogie! When you do things, you do them BIG!!!!! :tup: I'm stoked for ya pal! What better way to say "I'm FREE" than you come home with TWO bikes! The chicks are gonna love you man! Just don't get "attached"! Hahaha!!!

Thanks Billy. I will never again let a woman come between me and my BIKES again. :tup:

The FZ1 is going to be a slow build and conversion to a one person street stalker and the Raider is for the long hauls and two-up riding.

That Raider is so smooth!!! The torque on that 1900 twin is stupid!! lol

Thanks Billy. I will never again let a woman come between me and my BIKES again. :tup:

The FZ1 is going to be a slow build and conversion to a one person street stalker and the Raider is for the long hauls and two-up riding.

That Raider is so smooth!!! The torque on that 1900 twin is stupid!! lol

I'm happy for you my friend. I know how bad divorces can be as you already know, especially for the "male" part of the equation. "Some of the ladies would probably disagree". I'm glad your back on your feet and finally going to start enjoying life again! Mkae sure you post some pics up as soon as the new "babes" get home!

I just rode a friend's Raider about a week ago. (He traded his '09 FZ1 in on the Raider) It's a torque monster just like I expected. I liked the seat, and was more comfortable than I anticipated, but I just can't get used to the forward foot controls or sitting so low. I'd like to add a Warrior to my garage sometime. Even though it has forward foot control, it didn't feel quite so odd because I wasn't so low.

Enjoy the bikes. I think you have a great combination. Great to have a tough choice of which bike to ride! Congrats!

Well done Bogie !! if i wasn't already married , , , I'd like to , , , mmhh, , , uhh, , well, ,, ahh , , 'o never mind . . . ENJOY the choices ,, ,,, , what will I ride today ?! heh,heh:tup:

Mine said, "Just pull the trigger"

Well done Bogie !! if i wasn't already married , , , I'd like to , , , mmhh, , , uhh, , well, ,, ahh , , 'o never mind . . . ENJOY the choices ,, ,,, , what will I ride today ?! heh,heh:tup:

I can't complain. After 35 years of shopping (and the kids are grown) on 2/5/12 my wife said, "Just go bike yourself a bike." I found it on 2/10/12 and bought it the next day.

GREAT deal on finding a new 09. WOW:tup:

I'm happy for you my friend. I know how bad divorces can be as you already know, especially for the "male" part of the equation. "Some of the ladies would probably disagree". I'm glad your back on your feet and finally going to start enjoying life again! Mkae sure you post some pics up as soon as the new "babes" get home!

Will do!!:tup:

I just rode a friend's Raider about a week ago. (He traded his '09 FZ1 in on the Raider) It's a torque monster just like I expected. I liked the seat, and was more comfortable than I anticipated, but I just can't get used to the forward foot controls or sitting so low. I'd like to add a Warrior to my garage sometime. Even though it has forward foot control, it didn't feel quite so odd because I wasn't so low.

Enjoy the bikes. I think you have a great combination. Great to have a tough choice of which bike to ride! Congrats!

Thanks. Yeah it took me a second or two to figure out where to put my feet and I kept looking for 6th gear. LOL Tons of torque for sure.

LMAO!!!

When you said "different direction" you really meant it! WOW! Congrats Bogie! I hope the next woman is like my Michele and REALLY into bikes! It's great to have a riding wife who also likes mods!

the only way this could be any better is if you walked inand paid cash with no payments,its an incredible feeling ask me how I know 2 bikes 1day 17k cash i'll never forget that day!! congrats my friend!!!

When you said "different direction" you really meant it! WOW! Congrats Bogie! I hope the next woman is like my Michele and REALLY into bikes! It's great to have a riding wife who also likes mods!

If there is a next woman she will go through rigorous testing and questioning regarding bikes and the modding of them!!! LOL

Oh and I do still have some modding surprises for the FZ1 to come in the future!!

the only way this could be any better is if you walked inand paid cash with no payments,its an incredible feeling ask me how I know 2 bikes 1day 17k cash i'll never forget that day!! congrats my friend!!!

Well I cannot say that but it has been a great day!!! LOL

Conratulations what a day! You must be thrilled to get back on two wheels. I have a few bikes in the garage and I love being able to choose my ride to suit my mood.

Back