Well Another Hawk has Landed!

Well today was a nice day and I had some time to mess around with the Hawk. I took the tail section apart to give it a good cleaning and replace the turn signals. Lots of work to be done for sure. The more I took apart the more I need to clean and tidy up...

I want to finish all the other little projects on the FZ1 and YZF1000 first before I spend any more time on the Hawk.

I did let it warm up until the fan came on and it's running very nice :)

Where's the epic Hawk cleaning thread like Billy's YZF thread? ;) We wanna see that Hawk without any feathers on it. :eek5:

Tomorrow looks like Riding day #1 for 2012 for Michele and I. You should take the Hawk out for a stealth run.

Where's the epic Hawk cleaning thread like Billy's YZF thread? ;) We wanna see that Hawk without any feathers on it. :eek5:

Tomorrow looks like Riding day #1 for 2012 for Michele and I. You should take the Hawk out for a stealth run.

I definitely don't have that kind of time to go over the bike like Billy is doing, but you did see my YZF build as well. It just was not as detailed as Billy's.

I actually haven't even insured the Hawk yet. It's not because of the money, just been too lazy to make it down to DMV and spend half a day there. Insurance is dirt cheap for it. I don't remember now, but it was something like an extra $19 for the 6 month policy!

I'm just going to give it a good cleaning and possibly repaint it. Not crazy about the black paint, but I need to get some prices first.

Last edited:
Craig like this?

IMG_2338.jpg

That is a VERY NICE looking Hawk! Now I'd have this in the stable in a heartbeat!

Yea, very nice looking bike. Lot's of mods on there that I can spot...CBR600 front end, VFR rear wheel and I'm sure many others.

One nice thing about the Hawk is that you can pick one up relatively cheap and then customize it to your heart's content for not much more money.

I think I'm going to leave mine relatively stock for now. Already has the SuperTrapp exhaust, but there's not much power to be gained unless you do some engine work on these bikes.

Well this past Sunday I gave some attention to the Hawk. Cleaned up the rear fender area and straightened out the plate bracket and gave it a new coat of paint. Also painted the passenger pegs and put some ss washers and cotter pins on there to replace the rusty bits.

Also replaced the rear turn signals with some cheap eBay ones, but they look so much better than the droopy stock ones:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like those signals Tony, Ya got a link. I hope you dont sell it but if you do maybe we can make some sort of exhaust deal. You need to ride it. The character of the RZ's engine is better but the handling of the Hawk is fantastic.

That looks a lot better Tony. Well done! So, are you going to sell the Hawk and focus on the RZ? ;)

Yea, that's more than likely what's going to happen. I can't keep all four bikes. I just don't have the room...

Looks great Tony. Would you happen to know what clip-ons they use to change this over to "cafe" style?? I'll tell you later why I'm asking.

Well the fork tubes on the Hawk are 41mm so I think a lot of guys go with CBR600 clip-ons or even VFR ones from what little I have read about it.

I like those signals Tony, Ya got a link. I hope you dont sell it but if you do maybe we can make some sort of exhaust deal. You need to ride it. The character of the RZ's engine is better but the handling of the Hawk is fantastic.

Johnny here's the seller I got them from. Disregard the tittle of the auction. He lists the same signals for different bikes:

NEW! Smoke Amber Motorcycle Turn Signals Pair Honda Goldwing,Silverwing | eBay

They are cheap as you can tell by the price, but look pretty nice. I still have to do the front ones, but need to drill the front headlight mounting brackets to attach them.

Well all my bikes are paid for so I wouldn't be selling it for financial reasons, but it's a real pain to move any of the bikes in or out of that storage unit right now and forget about doing any kind of work in there. We can talk about an exhaust for $$$ swap ;)

By the way there was a Supertrapp exhaust on eBay not that long ago, but I don't remember what it sold for...

*Edit - above mentioned exhaust never sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...4OQ475AXoYmgM%3D&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Maybe you can send a message to the seller through eBay an see if he wants to part with it...

Last edited:
You need to ride it before you sell it. My friend that has the RZ I worked on rode mine mind you right after I did the Penske Race tech stuff and suddenly a RZ+cash could have been mine.

Back