Weekend in VT? Aug 13th - 15th. You coming???

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Last year, we had a meet in VT with a Sat. ride and had a great group from Friday through Sunday. We stayed at the Kitzhof Inn where the British couple of Simon and Alison were very gracious hosts! The place is very nice to stay at and the meals are great!

Since my wife and I cannot make the Deal's Gap meet, I'm sending out feelers to see who would dedicate a weekend to meet and ride with this place as the meeting house and ride start. Routes are open for discussion from that place outward.

I'm checking with Simon to see what he has available for a group of 10 - 12 people for the next 4 to 5 weekends. Any thoughts folks? Who could make it maybe in mid-August for a weekend? Looking like the most availability is the weekend of Aug 14th/15th for them.

Thanks all!!

Last edited:
Last year, we had a meet in VT with a Sat. ride and had a great group from Friday through Sunday. We stayed at the Kitzhof Inn where the British couple of Simon and Alison were very gracious hosts! The place is very nice to stay at and the meals are great!

Since my wife and I cannot make the Deal's Gap meet, I'm sending out feelers to see who would dedicate a weekend to meet and ride with this place as the meeting house and ride start. Routes are open for discussion from that place outward.

I'm checking with Simon to see what he has available for a group of 10 - 12 people for the next 4 to 5 weekends. Any thoughts folks? Who could make it maybe in mid-August for a weekend? Looking like the most availability is the weekend of Aug 14th/15th for them.

Thanks all!!

Let me see what I can do. Money is tight right now and the 8th of August is definitely out. I'm going out with Richie on a friend's boat, so that weekend is no good for me. The other issue is getting off on Saturday. I'm already taking Sept.4th for the AMA Races. But let me see what I can work up. It sounds like a nice ride and it's probably less than 3 hours from my house which is a plus!

Thank Billy! I've asked Simon for a price per person both with and without the evening meals. I'll post that up as soon as I hear back to allow folks to decide easier. :D

Ok... here's the scoop from Simon:

The rate for 10-12 riders
Accommodation ONLY
Single (one person in a room) $75 per night
Double (two in a room) $ 95 per night
Triple(three in a room) $115 per night

OR

If you book 10 rooms or more I can do you a group package with
2 nights accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 1 evening meal, gratuity and Tax
Single $ 161.70
Double $ 275.00
Triple $359.70

The evening meal for the weekend of August 13-15 is British style “Fish and Chips” My own recipe beer battered cod with steak fries, home made coleslaw and pickles.

Cheers! Simon @ the Kitzhof Inn

Ok... here's the scoop from Simon:

The rate for 10-12 riders
Accommodation ONLY
Single (one person in a room) $75 per night
Double (two in a room) $ 95 per night
Triple(three in a room) $115 per night

OR

If you book 10 rooms or more I can do you a group package with
2 nights accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 1 evening meal, gratuity and Tax
Single $ 161.70
Double $ 275.00
Triple $359.70

The evening meal for the weekend of August 13-15 is British style “Fish and Chips” My own recipe beer battered cod with steak fries, home made coleslaw and pickles.

Cheers! Simon @ the Kitzhof Inn

So for "accomodations only" for me and Richie would be $190.00 dollars for the weekend without meals, and the latter would be $275.00 for the both of us with meals?, and thats only if we have 10 or more rooms taken. I just want to be sure.

So for "accomodations only" for me and Richie would be $190.00 dollars for the weekend without meals, and the latter would be $275.00 for the both of us with meals?, and thats only if we have 10 or more rooms taken. I just want to be sure.

That is correct. Both rates include a full breakfast for Sat and Sun. The Dinner is quite a spread and all you can shovel in. Yes, that is 10 or more rooms too. Last year we only filled 8 rooms. This is why I am asking on two forums this trip. :D

Also wanted to point out that the 2 night package price is WITH tax and gratuity already added... that IS the final cost for people for TWO nights and three meals. Not bad!!!

We'll want to decide soon and book fast. Often times, if we sleep on it too long, we miss out because other groups call and book. This selected weekend only has a few rooms booked thus far (maybe three?) So, we can fill the place and dominate!

We have a married couple and a single lady interested in coming from the FZ6 forum.

So, we have interest from:

1. Eric
2. Michele
3. Billy
4. Richie
5, Rob (FZ6 site)
6. Keira (FZ6 site)
7. Cheryl (FZ6 site)

I was looking through my drawer today and just happened to come across my speeding ticket from last August. I totally forgot about it as I still have not heard from them for my court date. The officer at the car show had told me that it sometimes takes a year or so to get a date. With that being said I think I'm going to pass on the Vermont trip only because with the vacation getting nearer I need to have some money stashed away to pay my fine. I'm thinking worse case about $500.00 dollars. I don't want to cut into my vacation money so I had better lay low and play it safe. I really would have liked to be there with Richie. I noticed on the map that the area is pretty close to Whitehall NY, the scene of some documented Bigfoot sightings. I would have liked to take a ride that way. It would have been pretty cool. I also have the Superbike Races coming up September 4th and 5th. Sorry Eric. I would have liked to get a ride in with you and Michele before Deals Gap.:shame:

Totally understand Billy! No worries as I know we'll be riding with you again in the future, maybe next spring!

This is quite short notice so I did not expect that many could make it with most already having plans. You should try to talk to the DA and see if you can just plead to a non-moving violation and maybe a reduced fine and avoid court. Tell him/her you are saving the citizen's money! :D

Totally understand Billy! No worries as I know we'll be riding with you again in the future, maybe next spring!

This is quite short notice so I did not expect that many could make it with most already having plans. You should try to talk to the DA and see if you can just plead to a non-moving violation and maybe a reduced fine and avoid court. Tell him/her you are saving the citizen's money! :D

Oh, I'm definitely going to plea bargain for a lesser charge so that I don't have points on my otherwise clean license. I just want to have some cash put away just in case. Thanks for understanding.

Back