We need an new site logo.. Submit your ideas

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone we need a new site logo one with no Yamaha logo in it. I am not good artist any my logos suck. So if you known how to use photoshop and would like to submit a logo for the site I would, appreciate it greatly.. Our current logo was designed by me and well ..... Is sucks! It was the original site logo..

We will post the designs and the site will vote on the new logo choice

All submissions will get an elite membership upgrade
Thanks

Admin

Did Yamaha complain about the use of their logo?

If so this is very short sighted, this forum drums up support of Yamaha's products and is basically free advertising for them.

If this is the case then I like the logo Hellgate posted up :)

Yamaha is complaining that our domain name because it has FZ1 in is its a copy write infringement and we may lose it.

They want to take ownership of it and license it back to us under a contract agreement.. I believe in free speech on the Internet and am worried a contract may limit our free speech..

Our site is and will stay independent from the manufacturer. By our I mean the members as these sites would not exist without you. You are the site.. And the day that it can't be independent is the day that we will turn off the servers. I am removing any Yamaha logos from the site to be safe.

If we lose the domain I will reset up the site under something like enthusiasts.ca

We would lose all our search engine ranking but with the new Google algorithm content is king an I think would come back quickly.

Will this one work? It does reference FZ1 in our own unique way!!! But it's not their trademarked copy.... ;)

attachment.php

Would suggest putting a banner at the top of the website saying this site is in no way affiliated with yamaha for now to make it clear it isn't owned by yamaha. I know it's at the bottom but would be clearer. just to be on the safe side. by the way admin, i have a vbulletin license i'm not using, bought it just to play with. lol, yeah me and my projects. it's for vbulletin 5 and forum runner and also has version 4 and 3, If the site could ever make use out of it. I really like v4. vbulletin no longer will transfer ownership so i would just have to give you the login info. let me know if there is anyway you can use it.

Last edited:
Would suggest putting a banner at the top of the website saying this site is in no way affiliated with yamaha for now to make it clear it isn't owned by yamaha. I know it's at the bottom but would be clearer. just to be on the safe side. by the way admin, i have a vbulletin license i'm not using, bought it just to play with. lol, yeah me and my projects. it's for vbulletin 5 and forum runner and also has version 4 and 3, If the site could ever make use out of it. I really like v4. vbulletin no longer will transfer ownership so i would just have to give you the login info. let me know if there is anyway you can use it.

Wow awesome!

I could totally use it. The license upgrade cost for this site lic is about 250 dollars

Wow awesome!

I could totally use it. The license upgrade cost for this site lic is about 250 dollars

Yeah, that's what i paid for it, lol. going to send you a friend request and when you accept i will pm you the login info for my vbulletin account. well guess i don't need to send you a request, but oh well. going to sign in right quick and look it over for personal information.

They want to take ownership of it and license it back to us under a contract agreement.. I believe in free speech on the Internet and am worried a contract may limit our free speech..

You definitely don't want to go down that track. I spend time over on some wristwatch sites and the manufacturers have things screwed down so tight we aren't allowed to talk prices, dealers, reliability problems, or even mild to severe criticism of a particular design. And very limited linking is allowed to other sites. It's all 'happy' talk and self congratulatory posts about what a great watch so and so has. With all of Yamaha's problems you would think they would welcome sites that promote their constantly aging, may I say stale, product range. If they own it we will not be allowed to have any criticism that they don't agree with, and they won't agree with much.

Maybe if a bunch of us wrote them and told em how stupid they were being they would change their minds. I'm sure we could get all the other yammie sites to pitch in.
If a couple hundred perhaps thousand people threaten a brand change they may change their tune.
It certainly worked for me when I was fighting to get Ostermans to repair my wife's wedding ring. Threatening to call corporate while standing in the middle of the store in the mall, they changed their minds really f'in quick.

I'll certainly tell em my stable will become a nice shade of green. That Z1000 is a hot bike.

Last edited:
Dennis, I want to be careful here because I never enjoy unsolicited advice. I can certainly see Yamaha's case for having any Yamaha trademarked logos or fonts removed from the header of the page, as it could be construed as Yamaha's endorsement or affiliation. However, I would not release the domains to them. I really don't see their right. Make them take it, if it comes to that. As far as any trademarked materials in the avatars or signatures, I really don't see that as your responsibility. Yamaha can fight that fight 1000 times with 1000 individuals if they really feel the need. This appears to me to be a case of a company making demands that are completely beyond their rights, counting on their power of intimidation as a huge global company. This is your site, and your decision. I'm just offering my .02 because you have provided this excellent resource for all of us. The very least I, and anyone else who has benefited from this forum, can do is stick up for you. They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You've provided us, and Yamaha, with this excellent platform that enhances the ownership experience of these bikes and this is the thanks you get. If they don't like your forum they can set up their own damn forum and see how they do. If you choose to fight for this there are hundreds of members here, myself included, who will stand behind you.

Back